SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
The car is up and running again. Will get some more pictures of the progress. Motor sounds great and is super responsive with the aluminum flywheel, balance shaft delete, AC delete and forged pistons. There is definitely a vibration with the balance shaft delete but it's hardly enough to make me consider hooking it back up.

The stage 3+ clutch still feels suspiciously light but it works perfectly fine.
Nice! Going on the dyno this spring?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes that's the plan. It's going to take some time to break in and tune since none of the pro tuners are responding to me. Been teaching myself but there's a lot of uncertainty around the ignition map and this big turbo. No knocks yet but I'm positive I'm leaving power on the table.

I had some heat issues with my oil drain and melted the supposedly high temp 350 degree F hose. I pulled off the manifold earlier this week and brought it to be ceramic coated yesterday. All the heat wrap is good for is making the manifold super hot and eliminate air flow. The ceramic coat should keep the hot exhaust gas in the pipe instead of heating the pipe (as much). Also got a DEI cool tube extreme to put the oil hoses in to reflect the heat from the manifold.

Should be back together in 2 weeks with no more melting problems. Also having the valve cover powder coated to match the turbo 🙂

41 - 43 of 43 Posts