SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a teaser for my Precision build. Updates to follow. Aiming for July!

Precision 6266 Gen 2 BB
Do88 IC
ID 750CC injectors
Walbro 255
AEM Water Meth injection
JE Forged pistons
ARP headstuds
B234 bottom end
Stage 3+ clutch
Lightened Flywheel
CSF drag radiator
SAS top mount tubular manifold
44mm Tial external wastegate
Recirculating HKS SSQV

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's a teaser for my Precision build. Updates to follow. Aiming for July!

Precision 6266 Gen 2 BB
Do88 IC
ID 750CC injectors
Walbro 255
AEM Water Meth injection
JE Forged pistons
ARP headstuds
B234 bottom end
Stage 3+ clutch
Lightened Flywheel
CSF drag radiator
SAS top mount tubular manifold
44mm Tial external wastegate
Recirculating HKS SSQV

Wow i love to see saabs with full race setups.
What trans are you running any LSD?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I wanted to see how well a Saab could hold up to the power. I assume it's not going to want to drive in a straight line. Tired of seeing built STIs or Evos and wanted something different.

It has a stock 5 speed in it that was working perfectly fine. Wanted to spend the money elsewhere before getting an lsd. I'm sure i'll want one after the first pull, though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah I wanted to see how well a Saab could hold up to the power. I assume it's not going to want to drive in a straight line. Tired of seeing built STIs or Evos and wanted something different.

It has a stock 5 speed in it that was working perfectly fine. Wanted to spend the money elsewhere before getting an lsd. I'm sure i'll want one after the first pull, though.
Yes you will.haha well.i agree a built saab is awesome. That setip.is beautiful.good work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks pretty good. Now is the time (July), so are there any progress updates?

According to research I did nearly 2 years ago, you can forget about water/alcohol injection, as Trionic apparently doesn’t play nice with it. Easier (and safer) to run E85.

Not a fan of the HKS SSQV. In fact, I hate them with a passion.

Are you migrating most of this stuff from another build?

Refreshing any of the valvetrain?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks pretty good. Now is the time (July), so are there any progress updates?

According to research I did nearly 2 years ago, you can forget about water/alcohol injection, as Trionic apparently doesn’t play nice with it. Easier (and safer) to run E85.

Not a fan of the HKS SSQV. In fact, I hate them with a passion.

Are you migrating most of this stuff from another build?

Refreshing any of the valvetrain?
I've since got the charge pipe and yesterday I ordered all of the silicone hoses. Once I get that all hooked up I'll submit some more pictures. Should be early next week.

Still waiting to hear back from Mike D for a tune but it's been about a month. May have to take my time and do it myself.

Interesting about the Bov. What issues did you have? On a Saab or something else?

Didn't touch the valve train. I only got the head resurfaced and acid bathed. I looked at valve springs but wasn't convinced on the Volvo offerings.

Just want to make sure the thing runs after all the bottom end work before moving to the head.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
You're going to need one heck of a header to squeeze that puppy in there. All that work why not go biopower ( cant use a Walbro for that)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You're going to need one heck of a header to squeeze that puppy in there. All that work why not go biopower ( cant use a Walbro for that)
Man I waited 2 months for the manifold to be made to fit this thing. It's a work of art. Had to get a new radiator too because it was in the way. I don't have any e85 stations near me. Closest is a two hour round trip. I have a race fuel station that has 100 octane about 5 miles away. I'm actually in Burlington CT and I think that station is near you by the shore.

I envy you. I wish I had that much time and money to sink into my SAAB
I could have spent the money on a car that everyone does or do something no one is crazy enough to do. So I did that! I'll be happy and that's just about all I care about.

Here's the album that I'll start putting the build pictures in https://erix920.imgbb.com

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
I'm actually in Old Saybrook at my beach house for the summer ( living in New Haven now)

THat turbo could outflow the AMM, thoughts on that? Porting the Throttle body as well?

It'll be a sick ride, I hope to meet up to see it when its all set

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm actually in Old Saybrook at my beach house for the summer ( living in New Haven now)

THat turbo could outflow the AMM, thoughts on that? Porting the Throttle body as well?

It'll be a sick ride, I hope to meet up to see it when its all set
Hopefully I hit a traction/practicality limit before the maf limits are hit. I doubt I can tune for a bigger one. I can't imagine going over 500hp in this car anyway. I'll probably go for a big brake setup and new suspension before 400hp too.

I'll definitely take it to shows in the area so if you check those out I'll see you there!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got the correct size hoses! Space is getting really limited. Fitting a 3 inch downpipe may be difficult.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finished up routing the 3 inch intake into the fender. Had to cut some metal out but it fits and somehow the headlight does too.

Shop will be calling me this week to schedule welding for the down pipe. I have all the components on hand now.

I have to finish the turbo oil drain and run the hoses for the wastegate + boost controller then I'm ready!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exhaust is all done now. I'll take more pictures when it's wrapped so people don't have heart problems looking at how close that pipe is to my silicone hose.

I also moved the radiator a half inch so the wastegate is not longer touching it.

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
Exhaust is all done now. I'll take more pictures when it's wrapped so people don't have heart problems looking at how close that pipe is to my silicone hose.

I also moved the radiator a half inch so the wastegate is not longer touching it.

Looking good! Have you ever considered Swain Tech coatings? Their “White Lightening” is really great and much more permanent than wraps. Given how tight your engine compartment is, coating + wrap would not be unrealistic... :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'd be interested into looking at all options. If I could get the flex pipe coated that would be great. Right now it's directly below the oil pan as that is where fitment was the best.

Edit: Here's the 3d printed radiator mount.

Exhaust wrapped, radiator moved, turbo blanket on, bov vac line, o2s installed, radiator mounts installed

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It runs! I'll get a video of it this week.

Much louder with the new tubular manifold, high flow cat and larger turbo. Afr is around 10 right now with the stage 3 tune that used stock injectors. Idle is pretty bad until it warms up. Should have the tuner on Tuesday where I can at least fix the injectors and drop the boost request to base boost. After it's broken in I'll do the WOT runs to get the real tune done.

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
Looking good! When you hitting the dyno?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts