SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Here is it short, sweet and detailed. Well, I drive a 1994 Saab 900. I seem to be having issues with Power of some type. At first when i come to a stop in Idle the car's RPM fluctuate from Low to High from 1- 2-3RPM Then it dies down too 0.5 rpm then back to 1 RPM. Then it the engine will shutoff and I would have to restart it yet again. The Lights that come on are my oil light, ABS and A big triangle for hazards. Also my steering wheel gets really tight. I did note that under my hood the positive side of the battery where it connects the metal connector is showing ( no rubber ) like the rest of the connector should be. (but is fully connected to the positive post of the battery. Also When driving my car likes Jerk forward then back real quick. I sorta feel it in my Trans/Clutch (Even though i replaced it with a brand new one and shifts VERY Smooth. Can any one help me? Thanks!
~Matt

·
Registered
135 Posts
The hunting around 1-3k sounds like low coolant, check the level in the rad.

The rich/weak fluctuation in mixture this causes will coke up the plugs and sensors -

Clean the plugs, top up the radiator, run the engine for a few minutes, top up again - Go for a drive, get engine upto normal temp then give it a good boot.

if that does nothing.. i'm stuck. NEXT!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok im gonna try that first.

Also found out that these part of my saab can be giving me issues
Possible things to look at:
dirty Idle Air Control Valve and Trottle Body
Bad Throttle Position Sensor or Mass Air Flow sensor
Leaky Intake Manifold/Gasket

??