SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Saab Club of North America and the Rocky Mountain Saab Club are pleased to announce that the 2019 Saab Owners' Convention will be held in Loveland, Colorado! The dates are Thursday, July 25th through Sunday, July 28th. The room block is available to reserve your rooms today via the below link. Information on full event registration and more details will be posted on the saabconvention website in early 2019. Save the date, and hope to see you next summer in Loveland!

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
A good time?

Hiya. Thinking about registering for the SOC as it's less than an hour from my place this year and I'll have the time off. Also not sure how long my 1990 Convertible is going to last. Seems like if there a time, this would be it. And I've not been to one before and it's a bit of a chunk of change even without the hotel.

Question for anyone who's attended one of these: Is it a good time? Something a C900 owner might enjoy? Anything I should look forward to or pass by?

A total dork-fest? A cult thing? (I'm ok with both of these.)

Do I need to detail the heck out of my car? (I would.) Do I need to get it in perfect mechanical condition? (I can't.) Would I want to straighten my antenna? (I might.)

Will I meet members of this forum?

Should I wear silly SAAB paraphernalia?

Should I bring a few bags of Werthers Original?

No kidding, I'm looking for wisdom and/or encouragement here.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should absolutely go and especially because it’s in your area. I plan on driving and taking 2 Saab’s from Sacramento one with all the patina and dents and dirt from 1969. Your c900 will be at home and you will be welcomed by all. I found SOC to be more than worth the ticket price.
Yes, wear all your SAAB gear and be prepared to geek out with everyone else. . If the antenna works, don’t sweat it.
See ya there

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
We were fortunate enough to have it just 2 hrs from us last year in Solomons, MD. Incredible turn-out, all mix of owners and cars, great conversations none stop, well worth the asking price. Also consider a 'close-by' SOC could be another decade or more in the future, as they jump all over the US. Come as you are and have a great time.

Attached, the track event we organized for early-bird attendees. All had a blast, some re-lived the past!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also a couple of hours away. Thinking of just going for a day. Any idea what that would cost? Which day is best (Saturday, I assume)? What sort of "events" are scheduled?

Also, are there usually people who can "tech-II" my car for a reasonable price? How about programming a spare key (I already have it lying in a drawer).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I am also a couple of hours away. Thinking of just going for a day. Any idea what that would cost? Which day is best (Saturday, I assume)? What sort of "events" are scheduled?

Also, are there usually people who can "tech-II" my car for a reasonable price? How about programming a spare key (I already have it lying in a drawer).
Schedule and full program are now available here: https://saabclub.com/soc19-schedule/

Some sit-down talks and tech sessions, parts sale, car viewing of course. There will also be a Tech-II Reading on-site to assist with your needs.

Weekend passes are available as well, with some exclusive swag options: https://saabclubna.regfox.com/soc19.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hiya. Thinking about registering for the SOC as it's less than an hour from my place this year and I'll have the time off. Also not sure how long my 1990 Convertible is going to last. Seems like if there a time, this would be it. And I've not been to one before and it's a bit of a chunk of change even without the hotel.

Question for anyone who's attended one of these: Is it a good time? Something a C900 owner might enjoy? Anything I should look forward to or pass by?

A total dork-fest? A cult thing? (I'm ok with both of these.)

Do I need to detail the heck out of my car? (I would.) Do I need to get it in perfect mechanical condition? (I can't.) Would I want to straighten my antenna? (I might.)

Will I meet members of this forum?

Should I wear silly SAAB paraphernalia?

Should I bring a few bags of Werthers Original?

No kidding, I'm looking for wisdom and/or encouragement here.

Cheers,
Ben

The only reason teh price shows as that much is because it includes meals . if you buy just the weekend pass its like 60 bucks . its worth going.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Car is waxed, tires shiny, battery charged, engine bay more or less presentable, and it gets to spend the night in the garage! (Antenna still bent, and embarrassing CD still stuck in the head unit, but we'll look past that, right?)

Hope to meet some of the SC community this weekend. I'll be driving the red 1990 convertible with Colorado plates (I suspect one of several). I don't think I'll be around for the whole thing, but definitely for the bulk of it.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
94 Posts
My first SOC Event

Hoping to make it to my first this year!

My wife and I had a wonderful time. What an incredible community to be part of! Thank you to all who helped make this event happen.

A special Thank you to the Rocky Mountain Saab Club for allowing me to store my car for a couple days while I picked up my son from college.

My car placed 3rd in the Concours competition against some meticulously cared for vehicles.

Hoping to attend again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts