SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I'm replaced my smashed driver door on my white 97 ng900se convertible. I got the door off a 95 ng900 convertible (green) . I believe the green convertible is just a 900 (no s or se). 4 cylinder non turbo, heated leather seats but manual (no electric motors for seats). The shift boot is rubber, not leather. Shift knob is cheaper. Stereo looks same, it had a basic SID and manual climate control.

When taking the door card off of the green door, I noticed there is no speaker. Just a foam cover over the cut out. Also there is no wire connector in the harness inside the door for a speaker.

Did saab really offer the cars with just rear speakers??? Also, can I swap the wires and connector from my smashed 97 door and transfer to the 95 green door? Will the door lock and regulator connectors match?

Also the green saab was hit by a tree and broke the glass. I swapped the glass from my door. I noticed a micro switch hanging inside the green door. What does this do and how does it attach? It looks like its below the handle inside my white 97 door but hard to see in there. Some things look slightly different internally between the doors

Any advice/info much appreciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh. I kept digging after I posted. Apparently only the 900se came with Woofers in front doors, tweeters in dash, and woofers at least driven by amp by opposite passenger footwell wall. Looks like I'll be transplanting my wire harness master connector and all of the pig tail things that go to speaker, door lock, trunk release and whatever that Microswitch is.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Four or six speakers - two in dash, two on deck (or rear panels for convertibles, and two optional in doors.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
Yes, the door speaker setup in the NG900 is exactly the same as the 9-3, except that most 9-3 owners report that their doors are pre-wired for the speakers, even if their car didn't come with them, which wasn't the case with the NG900. The door speaker and amp kit for the NG900 included wires and pins that had to be added to the door's wiring harness.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. I'm finding I can just swap the entire harness easily. My other main problem is this micro switch. There is a switch that somehow mounts in the lock/handle. I guess it detects the turning of key in door and activates plunger and alarm. Any idea how this mounts? It was hanging in the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts