SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An article in today's paper showed that Saab had a 39% loyalty return. In other words, buying a second Saab after the first one was sold, etc, whereas Toyota was the leader with 60%.

What gives? People seem to love their cars so why not get another?

J

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Currently I can't afford another. Well, maybe, but my 95 is still kicking. I do have plans on buying a 90 900T. Does that count? Saab only sells 2 cars I would wanna buy, and the 9-5 Aero is out of my range by about 40gs.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I see the reason as they only had a two car lineup for years. Say you leased a 94 900 for 3 years. When it was time to return the car for another, your only choices would be the same 97 900, or a 9000 that might be out of your price range.

As for Toyota, you have 8 car models, 6 SUV/minivans, and 6 trucks to choose from. I sure don't want to buy the same car I was driving for the last 3-4 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finklejag said:
I see the reason as they only had a two car lineup for years. Say you leased a 94 900 for 3 years. When it was time to return the car for another, your only choices would be the same 97 900, or a 9000 that might be out of your price range.

As for Toyota, you have 8 car models, 6 SUV/minivans, and 6 trucks to choose from. I sure don't want to buy the same car I was driving for the last 3-4 years.
That's an interesting point. My dealer told me that GM plans to come out with a new car approx every 8 months until the lineup gets up to size.

J

·
Registered
290 Posts
loyalty

I think it goes back to two reasons. 1) Price, Saab seemed to get very pricey, very fast a couple of years ago. 2) Lack of dealerships. In many parts of the US Saab new car dealers are hard to find, thus you end up paying top dollar because they do not compete qne have to travel long distances for dealer service. The nearest Saab dealer to me is 40 miles one way.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I know I for one would not buy a new Saab if I had the money. Don't get me wrong, the 9-3 and 9-5 are great cars, but there are just better cars for the same value.

I do however, want another C900 so so bad. The money value of the car has absolutely nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
This is my first saab, and even though it's been giving me trouble I fully plan to have another when this one dies..........assuming saab is still sround then.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Mag-X said:
I know I for one would not buy a new Saab if I had the money. Don't get me wrong, the 9-3 and 9-5 are great cars, but there are just better cars for the same value.
Funny, that was the reason I bought my 9-3. I thought it was the best value EURO car around (at least in Australia anyway).

·
Registered
389 Posts
midway said:
I think it goes back to two reasons. 1) Price, Saab seemed to get very pricey, very fast a couple of years ago. 2) Lack of dealerships. In many parts of the US Saab new car dealers are hard to find, thus you end up paying top dollar because they do not compete qne have to travel long distances for dealer service. The nearest Saab dealer to me is 40 miles one way.
well saabs have ALWAYS been pricey, my 91 900t came with the original window sticker, it sold for something like $28k in 91 :eek:. when you consider what other comparable cars cost those days, its a wonder they sold any.

if you ask me the reason owners arent loyal is because most enthusiasts dont buy new cars! why spend the 40k on a 9-5 aero now when you could wait a few years and get it for like $20k? seems like most of the new saab owners just think theyre another nice european car with low payments :confused: and a funny ignition, pity really.

Paul

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
If you want my opinion ...

Cleve has said it many times ... to drive a Saab is to buy a Saab ... once you've bought one, there is a good chance you'll buy another.

I have mine and the only replacement I am thinking about is a 1998 900SET.
Seriously!

I know I can't get this much car for the money I paid for mine ... not even close.
And sitting at the lights today and seeing 3 Chev Malibu's line up behind each other in the lane beside me ... that really made me appreciate the uniqueness of my car!
I'm not looking back ... except to see the cars I leave behind!:cool:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I wouldn't have the Saab I have now if the Infinity FX45 was $20k cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts