SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
good to know...i would not not want to do that..but if i could not find a solid deal on a genuine saab, i guess i would have no choice.. lol

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
I have a TD04 that works fine, but I woudl do a rebuild before installing, looking for 250 shipped, if you are interested PM me

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Just an update, i have successfully converted my car, and its awesome lol...if anyone needs the Garret, it is fully functional with zero issues.. just PM me and we can talk...i have been changing the oil on my car since 60K so i know whats under the hood..

here some photos:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've been down this road --my Aero got written off and there were none around........so i got a vector. Installed a Stage 1 ECU from ebay --a guy in the UK (with open SID), and a used TD-04 + lines, and a few other Aero bits from Nordicspeed in Canada. Aero rims locally. $500 for turbo + ECU.
Bilsteins B8s added & its BRILLIANT!
Go for it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice move! I have been wantin to get the rims..but idk if its worth it...when the next thing i want is an exhaust lol. How many miles to you have?

How can I do a complete vacuum check with a smoke test?

·
Registered
347 Posts
yeah the rims were $700--- as you say probably not worth it ----but i really wanted them. I didn't like the Vector rims + it sat up like a bus and I got used to the Aero's firmer handling.
I too am looking at the exhaust now, mine's got 140K on it ---(was 130K when "Aero'd up). Aero wagon's are like rocky horse poop here.....& I couldn't wait for one to come up for sale.
Change all your vac hoses -mine looked a bit tired here & there -crackly & semi-brittle, so too avoid any issues--swappped em all out...cheap precautionary measure. Got the B4 servo to do now on the 5 speed auto box --(jumping @2nd 3rd at low speeds)........that's gonna be a pain!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here it goes,

Saab seems to be at base boost according to Casey at Brew City, Great help thus far BTW....today i swapped out the MAF, BCV, and there are no vacuum leaks. Next, i noticed the cruise control not working, there are no brake lights on...I do not know what could be triggering the base boost and the lack of cruise control.

NO engine lights, no odd noises...Gass consumption is normal. and everything checks out...just cant seem to figure out why i am only about mid to.... three quarters of the way in the yellow (Factory boost gage)..

Any suggestions??? thanks

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Here it goes,

Saab seems to be at base boost according to Casey at Brew City, Great help thus far BTW....today i swapped out the MAF, BCV, and there are no vacuum leaks. Next, i noticed the cruise control not working, there are no brake lights on...I do not know what could be triggering the base boost and the lack of cruise control.

NO engine lights, no odd noises...Gass consumption is normal. and everything checks out...just cant seem to figure out why i am only about mid to.... three quarters of the way in the yellow (Factory boost gage)..

Any suggestions??? thanks
if im not mistaken cruise control works off vacuum so if its not working you may have a vacuum leak. you might not notice any hairline cracks in the tubing that expose itself when under boost or vacuum. Also your one way check valves could be bad, I would start there and check the two on the passenger side of the engine bay and go from there. You could try the bolt mod and if you see an improvement then you know one of the check valves is bad. do a search for it on here and you will see how to do it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can I just use an old ECU from a junk yard 2004 Saab Aero Automatic and put it in my 2003 Saab Linear? I am trying to upgrade my Saab 95 Linear also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok I will have to do some research on what Tech2 means unless you can elaborate for me. Also my Linear is a Manual and the Aero I am getting the ECU and Turbo from is an Automatic does that matter?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
TECH2 is factory diagnostic tool, but there is chinese clones for sale.
No, because ECU has manual and automatic charts.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Can I just use an old ECU from a junk yard 2004 Saab Aero Automatic and put it in my 2003 Saab Linear? I am trying to upgrade my Saab 95 Linear also.
Why? Did you brick the old one? Just buy a tune stage one or even get a stock Aero tune put on your ecu. You coan do it by mail and not pay for the tuner

·
Registered
43 Posts
No I didnt break the old one. I havent touched it yet its still in my car. I have a 2004 Saab 95 that I loaned to my friend and he broke the engine..Threw a Rod bearing and I couldnt fix it because he put a gash in the cylinder wall. Instead of buying a whole new engine for a couple grand I just bought a new saab and I use the old one for parts. I wish I would have just fixed the old one sometimes because it was loaded with cooled seats and every option available.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts