SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Saab 9-3 2.0t SS 2004

Please help! I am trying to locate the factory fitted GPS fin connection on my Saab. I have managed to find the GSM connection wire but there is no wire for the GPS.
I have spoken to the dealer and they said its pot luck wether the fin is a dummy, gsm only or gsm and gps fin. They said there is no loom so how can I check this, how can I get to the bottom of the fin. Do I need to removed the roof linning, if so can anyone tell me how to safely do this without damageing the roof.

Thanks
Shin

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If you remove the third brake lamp cover/assy you will be away to see the antenna base under the roof lining. If you see 2 wires coming out from the antenna base it is likely you have the GSM and gps antenna. However, I think all the Euro spec models only have the GSM. Good luck!

·
Registered
409 Posts
How is the cable from a GPS/GSM antenna routed to the rest of the car? Is there a "tunnel" somewhere? I was looking up in that area the other day and I'd like to send some wiring up there, but I'm concerned as to how to route it down to the rest of the car. The last thing I want to do is disturb one of the side curtain airbags or anything pertaining to that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts