SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my free saab blanket in the mail today. it actually surprised me as i only got a bare bones linear and am not financing through saab. my dealer was very friendly and toasted the purchase of my car with some swedish pear juice, has been very helpful and checked up to make sure my car is doing fine and if i had any questions, and now saab sends a gift saying 'welcome to the family'

i know this is a cheap marketing ploy to make their customers happy, and its working

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got one in the mail today too, must be that time of the year. I bought an upgraded linear, just short of fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I never got even a postcard from Saab in two and a half years, and I just found out why. The dealer mis-entered my address when registering my car with Saab. Even though I asked the dealer twice to look into this, it took my calling Saab to discover the problem. Sigh.

·
Registered
60 Posts
JamaicanGanja said:
i got my free saab blanket in the mail today. it actually surprised me as i only got a bare bones linear and am not financing through saab. my dealer was very friendly and toasted the purchase of my car with some swedish pear juice, has been very helpful and checked up to make sure my car is doing fine and if i had any questions, and now saab sends a gift saying 'welcome to the family'

i know this is a cheap marketing ploy to make their customers happy, and its working

That's great! When did you purchase your car? I purchased mine on August 1st. I was wondering how long it takes to receive your gift after you purchase the vehicle.

Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
some time between late june/early july, you should get a customer satisfaction survey about your dealer once they recieve this you are entered into their system and should get it about a month and a half later

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
No such luck in France.

All you get is a Magnum of Champagne when you buy the car. :cheesy:

And invites to receptions, next one is for the launch of the Hatch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very Pleased

I bought my car late July and I got my blanket yesterday. I am very pleased with Saab's customer service. It doesnt have to be much, just that they acknowledge the fact that you spent alot of money on their product. Anything that I get from them is more than I can say about any other dealership or car company.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my car in July and haven't received anything from the seller (which is GM's official dealer) but promises about answering my questions.

Are there any Swedes on this forum that actually have received something from their SAAB dealers?

·
Registered
79 Posts
:confused: I bought mine one month ago. It was August 25th. I just replied the customer satisfactio survey. Let's see if I will receive the gift.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got my Saab binkie in the mail about 2 months after I took delivery of my '05 Linear. Prior to that I got a little mailer letting me know it was on the way. My wife loves it... she can curl up in it or in its folded up form use it as a pillow.

Saab corporate also called me about a month after delivery to ask if I was having any problems and if there was anything they could do to ensure I was completely satisfied with the car... they were even like, "Are you *SURE* there's nothing we can do or any problems we can address for you???"

I'm completely impressed. I've NEVER had a car company actually call me fishing for warranty problems to correct. Most car manufacturers try to avoid doing anything about anything in my experience. Heck, Nissan is still refusing to admit there's a real design flaw in the suspension of the 350Z I used to have, although now they are at least admitting that all year models wear tires. They also refused to admit mine had any electrical issues even after 4 gauge clusters, 2 fuel pumps, a computer and almost every bulb in the car blown.

I haven't had the Saab nearly long enough to have an opinion about its reliability, but if they are as sincere about fixing issues as they seem to be, I don't think I'll ever complain.:cheesy:

·
Registered
489 Posts
for the 1 yr anniversary with Saab, we received in July a very nice hard plastic case like the shape of an eye glass case that has inside a tire pressure gage and a Saab pen.

the blankie came after about 3 months of ownership.

good customer relations.

Jaime

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
I received a Tivol crystal bowl from my dealer and a subscription to some gardening magazine (which I send to my mother).

While I was there getting On-Star installed the first week I had it some Saab Rep was there from Georgia and he gave me a nice heavy steel pen in a nice case with a Saab logo on it.

A few months later I got the "Made in Trollhaten" book or whatever it's called. At my 1 year anniversary I got the pen/tire pressure gauge set.

No blanket though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
pauloxxi said:
:confused: I bought mine one month ago. It was August 25th. I just replied the customer satisfactio survey. Let's see if I will receive the gift.
:D Now, October/18th, I received my blancket. Very nice from SAAB.
In th end it toke 7 weeks from the purchasing date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the blanket last year ... a few months after purchasing the car. They decided to top that gift about a month ago with what appeared to be an oversized eye glasses case with SAAB written on it. I was surprised to find a tire pressure guage, mini mag light, and Saab pen stashed away inside. Very nice.

·
Registered
641 Posts
So what is everyone using their Saab blankets for?

Are they stored away in a closet, keep in the trunk, or where?

Just Curious, mine is still in the box for the last three months or so.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The blanket's a nice touch but too small to be useful for anyone taller than a child. I hope they send me the tire guage kit though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts