SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Saabarati,

I noticed that Saab's followers on Facebook has been around 59,000. I thought we could mount a campaign to push that over 60,000.

Please help spread the word to anyone on Facebook to head over there and give it a 'Like':
http://www.facebook.com/Saab

While you're at it, feel free to check out/add your own bit to my page:
http://facebook.com/Saablime

Kurt

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
We have 48,000 registered members so we could go for the 100,000 :p

But then again....................maybe not.......

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
What's a facebook, and can anyone explain why I would want to be involved with one?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
What's a facebook, and can anyone explain why I would want to be involved with one?
Isn't a facebook what the cops have, full of mugshots of known criminals?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I think I prefer Stevedol's explanation. It makes so many things make more sense - like when people get in trouble for what they do in facebook ;);)

·
Registered
4,503 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I happen to make my status about me pooping, if ppl wanna know so much about me, ill update every 5 min.
BTW i happened to join or like whatever was being shown. Anything to whore off my car.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
BOOKFACE!!

lamebook is an excellent way to waste some time.

And of course I am a fan of Saab!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow.

Hmm. fascinating response, but I do give all you Facebook bashers credit. I agree the bulk of the activity on social media is pretty dumb and pointless.

That said, let's keep in mind it's just another form of communications. I remember an old codger in that old movie The Wild Ones giving that 'new' invention 'the telephone' a similar scoff.

And as with all means of communications (including website forums for example), some people will use them for great purposes, and others will be douchebags.

So if you're not into Facebook, awesome. I mean that sincerely. My grandfather was an industrial designer taught himself design at the library during the Depression and built an entire career and supported his family on that. He refused to ever use a computer as that became the way of design. I get it.

If you are on Facebook, and you support Saab, take a minute to use it to show our beloved car company some support.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
With respect........why?

Whats the intention here?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Isn't a facebook what the cops have, full of mugshots of known criminals?
....at least my juvie records are sealed..... :confused:

I "liked" both and added Freja's photo to Saablime.

For those of us normal people (using the word loosely here... fiancee'- "normal people don't drive 20 over all the time!".... me- "have I ever claimed to be normal?!"), FB is a good thing in our lives. For example, dear friends who no longer live in the area, we communicate through FB. My biological father lives in Panama and we communicate daily through FB. My half-brother I haven't seen in 11 years, we found each other through FB. My fiancee' and I use FB to update all of our "friends" and family about things concerning our upcoming wedding (yes Chris, I brought up the wedding again :p ).

I don't play the games on FB... I don't have time there because I spend more time here, just as many of you do :cheesy:

Anyone wanting to rip on what I've written here, go for it. But do realize you're only proving how much of a d****e you are. Facebook can be a positive social tool.

Just like everything else we have in life, it is what we choose to make it.

That and I fail to see anything wrong with showing support for a car company that we all have such a strong love/hate relationship with. I know we all have our SAAB stories and our proud SAAB moments ;ol;

I'm done now. I'll get down from my pulpit. ....I need another beer anyways... :lol:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have "Like"-d Saab on FB a few months ago.
Facebook - I use it for keeping in touch with friends accross the globe and locally as well. I have found relatives I haven't seen for like ten years, and they are living abroad. Of course sometimes it drove me mad reading all the bulls..t some of my friends posted every hour (eg being how sad about the broken iPod and missing the zumba tracks). Then I have found the filter option. :D

I find FB useful, but wouldn't commit suicide if it would brake down for good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the Lively Conversation!

Well, for the record the Saab page is over 60,000 now.

I agree a lot of the social media can be really dumb. Like anything, some people will have nothing better to share than the last time they took dump.

A rare few will have something worthwhile to share. I've seen some pretty cool things on the Saab posts that I never would have otherwise, like a cool story about Eric Carlsson, old Saab photos, etc.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
I like following saab on facebook. Thats where I really receive all of my latest news regarding saab, they post great pictures too. Jeep is another good one to follow.

Too bad saabs united doesnt have a facebook page, I cant be bothered to check his website, it would be nicer to just randomly see his stories appear in my news feed, then i might follow and read them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts