SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I have a 2004 9-5 that had the paint peel off the rear emblem and steering wheel emblem. I checked some of the other threads and decided that I will buy the decals instead of the replacement emblems because of the price difference. I was wondering what the best source to buy the emblems from would be. So far, I have seen emblems sold by focuslima on eBay and through a website called saab-decals.com. I was curious if anyone had any experience with saab-decals.com or if I should just order the rear emblem from focuslima and request a steering wheel emblem, as there are none currently listed? If anyone knows any other sources for emblem stickers, I would be curious to know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've purchased them on Ebay...I think about $10. They look pretty good but you need to be careful putting them on...you get 1 chance to get it right. They also begin to deteriorate after a few years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rear Emblem

I had a decal on the rear of my wagon for about three years and then one day it flew off in a few pieces in the carwash. I put the wand on it -- too close, I guess. But the automated washes are pretty strong.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I got mine off eBay from some guy in Singapore that uses the eBay store Emblem Magic. I don't know about getting steering wheel size, but they had front, rear and wheel cap sizes, and they were actually chrome like the originals, not just printed stickers. Here is a picture comparing the focuslima one to the Emblem Magic one. The printed sticker ones look fine, and are significantly less expensive, I just wanted the brighter and shinier look.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I got mine from focuslima on ebay. They did a custom size for my wheels and look great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the info! i I will check out all the options you gave me, and compare them. It's just good to know I have more then one option for the emblem replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a front one made at work. We have a vinyl printer with lamination. Just took measurements with a micrometer and adjusted for the curve. Even had it thinned out for the Saab and Lion. Worked perfectly. Plus, I had a couple more made since there is but one try to get it right (took 3 for me).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts