SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 2004 model 9-3.
The engine was ordered when the coolant was hot and the ECU was ordered.
Order used ECUs with the same part number from eBAY
We prepared with OBDLINK SX USB.
Trionic 8 (main) succeeded in downloading existing ECU information.

After that, when the newly purchased ECU is mounted, the radiator fan starts to spin.
After installing the new ECU, press FLASH ECU and it shows failed to get security access and operation failed.

Do not attempt to initialize a used ECU.

Seek help from here.

Is this ECU bad?
Why do radiator fans work?
Can I initialize the ECU?

ECU DATE READ , DOWNLOAD, OK

FAIL..... NEW ECU..

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Are you attempting to use the data from a failing ECM(ECU) and transfer to a new(used) ECM? I do not believe that is possible. Is the previous ECM running a tuned map (performance tune)? You will need to marry the replacement ECM to VIN of car via Tech2 or Mongoose GM II with Tech2Win. If replacement ECM does not have correct map for engine type it can be changed using above tools. I am not familiar with the Trionic tools and do not know if they can perform a marriage.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Where both ECU have same part numbers ? Or at least the new ECU is from a 2006 car or before ??
if it isnt, then read the old ECU MCP, then start by flashing the MCP to the new ECU then reflash the ECU main..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where both ECU have same part numbers ? Or at least the new ECU is from a 2006 car or before ??
if it isnt, then read the old ECU MCP, then start by flashing the MCP to the new ECU then reflash the ECU main..
The same part number ECU is used.
The 2004 model 9-3 liner is the same model number as the 06 model year.
Existing ECUs read data normally.
However, if a new ECU is fitted, the radiator fan can be activated by simply connecting the battery.
Then, when I try to connect to the ECU with my laptop, it comes out of security access and stops.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The same part number ECU is used.
The 2004 model 9-3 liner is the same model number as the 06 model year.
Existing ECUs read data normally.
However, if a new ECU is fitted, the radiator fan can be activated by simply connecting the battery.
Then, when I try to connect to the ECU with my laptop, it comes out of security access and stops.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I assume u have latest version of the trionic software? And u did setup all sittings including comspeed correctly?
can i ask whats the part number on the new ECU ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume u have latest version of the trionic software? And u did setup all sittings including comspeed correctly?
can i ask whats the part number on the new ECU ?
The part number of my ECU is 55353231.
It's the same with what's been installed in a car, or with a new one.

The biggest problem is the operation of the radiator fan with the new used ECU in the car.
It is not known whether this means a bad ECU or software difference.

But with a used ECU, my laptop and car won't connect.
Existing ECUs are well connected and data loading and downloading is normal.

Connection is not possible on used ECU

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
read main and MCP from old ECU, then flash them to the new ECU, flash MCP first then Main.
measure battery voltage, anything less than 12 charge or replace the battery For programming to be successful.
if still unable to connect to the new ECU, u might have bricked it and a recovery is needed ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
read main and MCP from old ECU, then flash them to the new ECU, flash MCP first then Main.
measure battery voltage, anything less than 12 charge or replace the battery For programming to be successful.
if still unable to connect to the new ECU, u might have bricked it and a recovery is needed ..
Used ECUs have been purchased on eBay.
As soon as the item was mounted, it was placed in the car, and then the radiator fan began to spin.
What should I do if it is a damaged ECU?
Should I buy a scanner called TECH2 on eBay?

I repair my client for a fee.
But my damage is likely to be bigger.
If you buy TECH2, you have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Do what i told u above, and if unsuccessful then replace the ECU again..
may i ask why did u replace the ECU at first ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts