SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 2003 Vector CPO still under basic warranty. If you are already under CPO warranty and had to use it - were you questioned about maintenence if you did it yourself?
My dealer charges $80 for an oil change that I can do myself for $35 - but if I have to fight them in an event of a warranty claim - i'd rather pay extr 45 bucks and save myself some time and brain cells.
Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Keep a service journal in the glove box detailing what you did during the service and be sure to keep dated copies of receipts to substantiate the journal.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Aren't all cars 2001+ covered with free scheduled maintainance, therefore oil changes should be included when the SID tells you... otherwise it's completely up to you when you change your oil by yourself.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strat81 said:
Keep a service journal in the glove box detailing what you did during the service and be sure to keep dated copies of receipts to substantiate the journal.
I do keep all of my records and receipts - that is no problem. What concerned me is a comment by my dealer. They guy said that if I do service with them, they would be more agressive in pushing claims thru saab.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Melovesha said:
Aren't all cars 2001+ covered with free scheduled maintainance, therefore oil changes should be included when the SID tells you... otherwise it's completely up to you when you change your oil by yourself.
free maintenance only for 3 years or 36k miles. I have 40k miles and warranty for 6 years 100k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts