SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My saab has just started saying 'check soft top storage' on the main display when i try and take the roof down. Does anyone know why it is saying this? I put a large tv on the back seat and now can't get it out of the car because my roof won't come down. Help please

Tina

·
Registered
110 Posts
do you have anything in the boot - i have a bag half full, which although is smaller then needed, every now and then it gets moved and becomes full height and i get this message, I just push the bag down again and its fine

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have occassionally got this message after carrying something large in the boot. Even after having taken the large item (suitcase usually) out of the boot, the storage bag for the roof 'sticks' in the retracted position slightly and doesn't drop down correctly without a little help. I simply open the boot, give the roof storage a couple of little taps to loosen it up and try again. 99% of the time, this is all that's needed.

HTH,

Phil

·
Registered
30 Posts
my golf clubs will cause this message sometimes. Take everything out of the trunk and make sure the expander pocket (the place the top goes into) is free and nothing is pushing on it.

hope this helps

twoie

·
Registered
641 Posts
That message is telling you that the hard plastic shelf the top folds into is not all the down to the level it needs to be at.

So either you have something in the trunk that is stopping it from dropping down (by gravity), or something is keeping it from dropping down all the way, or one of the sensors is on the fritz. I'd go one of the first two.

Open the trunk and reach side to side up under the area where the top would come down. There will a plastic shelf board lined with the same felt of the trunk and hinged in the front. You can reach in from both sides and see if you can nudge it down the way it should hang.

Then close the trunk and try dropping the top. Sometimes I will first try and raise the top back up before I try to lower it after this error.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts