SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For this years Tour we will get together at 10:30am for a meet and greet at

Megalomaniac (John Howard Cellars of Destinction)

http://www.megalomaniacwine.com/main.php.
Located at 3930 Cherry Ave. in Vineland L0R2C0

This is the highest vantage point on the Niagara Escarpment, on a clear day the skylines of Toronto and Niagara Falls can be seen!
For our tasting we'll be going underground into the Winery.

Our next stop is Calamus Estate Winery http://www.calamuswines.com/

A beautiful rustic setting near Ball's Falls Conservation Area. Try some wine and pick out a glass because this is also the location for our Picnic Lunch! There are picnic tables for us but bring some lawn chairs too if you prefer, if it's raining (which it won't be) we'll be in the Event Room.

Next is Sue-Ann Staff Estate Winery http://www.staffwines.com/

Here we will be tasting in the front parlour of her home on the family's 200 year old estate. Sue-Ann is also the winemaker for Megalomaniac so we'll be getting a 2nd sampling of her great wines

*More information to come

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I'll be there. Hope I won't need a relief driver!

The Niagara Peninsula is beautifully green at this time of year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EdT
Do remember to bring or pickup a lunch as there is really no were close to buy anything (although some of us have been known to share).

Sue-Ann Staff herself we will be offering the private tasting in the front parlour of her home on the family's 200 year old estate. There is a small charge of $5 per person which will be collected at the Picnic Lunch.

After a short cruise through the beautiful Niagara area our final stop is
Di Profio Wines
http://diprofiowines.ca/diprofiowines/

This very small boutique winery located in Jordan is having it's grand opening the weekend before our visit

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather forecast looks good for Sunday! I'm looking forward to it.
A few of us have decided to have dinner at the Jordan Tavern after the Winery Tour so if you like join us for that too!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
"A good wine tastes even better when you've meet the people who created it" I think we accomplished that on this Tour.
We meet at the bottom then drove together up to the highest vantage point on the Niagara Escarpment, in the side of the hill is Megalomaniac.
A magnificent underground tasting room, production area and barrel aging facility.

Located in the beautiful Ball's Falls Conservation Area are some rustic wooden barns, this is Calamus Estate Winery. Wine tasting was upstairs in the Event Room followed by multilevel areas for us to relax and enjoy the view and our Picnic Lunch. Thanks Pat Latin and Derek Saunders for you're wonderful hospitality!

Sue-Ann Staff is as passonate about her wine as we are about our Saab's! put the two together and you have a great combination. Sue-Ann invites you into her house for wine tasting, this provides a very friendly warm atmosphere that greatly enhances her already wonderful wines.
Thanks to Sue-Ann and Bernadette( who has fond memories of a 1977 Saab 99 that she once owned!) I'm sure she checked out our cars!

Lastly Di Profio Wines, a brand new facility with a small footprint but big in heart. Joe DiProfio gave us a tour and decribed the layout and how the facility would operate. Carolynn Desjardins provided the tasting along with Chocolate covered cheescake, strawberries and pinneapple!!!! ok where did my wife go? Thanks to Joe and Carolynn "we'll be back"

Thanks to all that attended, hope you enjoyed the day! now go home and enjoy you're wine!!!

My son Matthew and I put this video together, check it out!..

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looks like a great time was had!

Nice to have pics and video for those of us absent.

Sorry I was not able to attend this year. Kudos to Paul (especially) and the Saab Club of Canada (www.saabclub.ca) for organizing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts