SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all...

Posted this over at TSN too and Just thought you guys would enjoy seeing some pics and reading some words about today's British & European Car Display day here in Melbourne, where the Saab Car Club of Australia (Victorian Branch) held their biennual Concours d'Elegance.

My weekend started excellently on Friday afternoon when I picked up a brand new 2006 9-3 Convertible Aero (V6 Turbo) from Saab Australia - all mine for the weekend!! This was provided as a loaner car for use as display at the event for the weekend. Saab Oz also loaned us a brand new 2006 9-3 SportCombi Aero (also the V6 Turbo) - both were lots of fun to drive and so different to my car. Cleaning and detailling my car the silver sled - a 1988 900 Aero - with 302,000km on the clock, began on Saturday around noon. I must have spent about 5 hours on it! It scrubbed up OK, but fading light forced me stop getting too pedantic! The routine involved a full wash and chamois, high pressure engine bay spray out and then detail, clay bar the whole car and a finish with a coating of pure carnuba wax. Also did a full vacuum, cleaned the glass thoroughly and splashed on some Meguiars rich leather conditioner.

Sunday arrived to pretty chilly weather (for Melbourne during autumn at least) and rain!!! :( A bit of a shame really as it may have prohibited higher numbers for the day. It drizzled most of the day and the temperature never really got past 16C. We had around 26 cars on display... which was quite a good turnout.

I was one of the judges for our concours and there we lots of awesome cars on display which made the judging quite tough. The other judge checked over my car to make it fair and I ended up winnning my class of "99 and classic 900", although unfortunately there were no 99's on display. A big cheers goes out to Alex (Al Aero) for providing tough competition for me in the class... he drives an awesome 1990 900 Aero which is pictured below next my sled.

Some of the other highlights for other marques included a Gull Wing Mercedes, a Renault Alpina which was stunning, various 1980 6 series BMWs including an M6, and two amazing Borgwards.

Despite the weather it was a great day! Check the link to below to have a look at my pics! :)

cheers from down under
Steve and the silver sled

More pics here> http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g109/sabsab77/brit_euro_day/

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
I think someone needs to learn how to take pictures ... and get the camera straight!:roll:

Just kidding!:cheesy:
Those are some great shots!:cool:

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe! Cheers SaabScott!
I guess you are just lucky the shots aren't upside down (being down under and all)! :)
cheers
Steve and the Silver Sled

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,800 Posts
Wick..ed!! Those 900's are looking awsome!!

If it wasn't for that butterfly I might have been there!
The cars are looking fantastic as usuall.

I have to say, I miss Melbourne. Especially after getting the Aero. It's a bit of a big fish in a small pond, driving it around Nelson. Nice to play with 'gt jonnie's' head though. Quite an unusually large number of fart cans in this town. A larf to watch them get smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror :cheesy: .

All the best,

-cuba

·
Registered
515 Posts
Top pic's sab:cheesy: wish we had something like that over here, bet you enjoyed the 2006 9-3;)

Cheers Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
mk six
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing