SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing a coolant change soon on my '04 9-3SS. I did a search of past coolant threads and from what I read anything 2004 and up is dex-cool and 2003 and below used the G-05 coolant? The coolant currently in the reservoir is a reddish/orange coolant which I'm guessing is GM dex-cool. I just wanted to double check before buying. I'm either going to get Prestone Dex-Cool or Valvoline Zerex Dex-Cool, are theses fine to use in our engines?

Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PENTOFROST SF by Pentosin (without silicates)
(Formerly LIFETIME ANTIFREEZE G12) also list itself as being for "SAAB's 2001- up" ???

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've always used the green stuff in both my Saabs never had a problem. Read the Orange\Red coolant likes to eat gaskets is this true?

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Sorry, I was just saying not to mix the two.

No issues here and the car just turned 10 years old. Only replaced the coolant once and that was last year!

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I've always used the green stuff in both my Saabs never had a problem. Read the Orange\Red coolant likes to eat gaskets is this true?

Dexcool does not affect any seals, gaskets or hoses in our cars, that issues was years ago with GM trucks/SUV's. I used the Green in my C900.. the SS uses Dexcool as per the manual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts