SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be.
There are annoying advertisements appearing where there were never ads before!
I can go anywhere if I want to watch ads.
I hope they fix it before I have to switch to a non-annoying site.

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
I have zero ads on Saab Central using Brave browser, FYI.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something changed. I use Chrome with Adblock Plus, never had an ad before when logged in.
I don't like enduring ads while I provide the content they're selling.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't see any ads on Chrome. I have an ad blocker, but it says it isn't blocking anything when I am on Saab Central.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Unless something has changed recently in site policy, registred users should not see ads (if logged in). For me ads are annoyance and they cost time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't see ads (at least nothing in the way). I wasn't logged in, and logged in to post, and they both looked the same. There is something on the side bar for "popular communities" (one for mountain bikes, another for home entertainment), but wouldn't call them ads. I remember soemthing happening to me many many moons ago on another site and it turned out to be a virus on my machine. So you may want to check that. (if I remember correctly, it would pop up an add when my cursor was over certain key words).

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
They are all from doubleclick.net and all the ones I've seen are "appropriate" - no weird language, images, etc. They are consistent with the site's visual theme - avatar, name, post, action button. Most appear to be from Geico, but all seem to be automotive themed and location-relevant. I get them logged in.

I have the same type of ads in the same type of place on every device and every browser. Looking at the HTML, they are definitely inserted "at the source."

Edit: There are also side bar ads.... right now for Dodge & Chevy pickups.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Good to see you still on here Jim. I have been away a while. Just come back and had a browse through some old threads to find some answers.

Found most of them, except that I can't get my idle or surging down on my 93 9000 CSI.
Happened after 18 months in storage.
Have cleaned the AIC, and other sensors, new plugs, I am thinking an 02 sensor failure.
Check engine light is on when running, but no stored codes.
The Italian "tune up" has not worked this time, as you once warned me it might not!

Still loving my Saabs, even though I have become a Merc fan!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts