SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone are looking for far better conrods for an engine rebuild, restoration build or performance engine build project then these H-Beam conrods are for you. Rated at 850Nm, 45+ psi and 10,000rpm[/B][/B] these conrods are pure monsters. 6 sets are currently available and more will be produced in the future if there's interest. A full set will include the cap bolts, costing AUD$600.00 Best regards, Nigel

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
When has a C900 ever bent a rod before blowing the transmission?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. Yes, the stock rods are strong but I wanted something lighter and stronger what would handle more HP, torque, pressure and revs. I know the Mahle' and GM pistons are rubbish. Customs forged pistons can also be bought if you wish? Best regards, Nigel

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you for your reply. Yes, the stock rods are strong but I wanted something lighter and stronger what would handle more HP, torque, pressure and revs. I know the Mahle' and GM pistons are rubbish. Customs forged pistons can also be bought if you wish? Best regards, Nigel
don't worry the block will live . get a few spare transmissons ready ;ol;

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The SAAB block is built like a tank! I'm aware the gearbox is the weakest link but I'm hoping that it will be a project in the future. The conrods produced are for those that are finding it harder to get there hands on c900 conrods or wanting a better engine build with the ability to add that extra power, or have done something with the gearbox already. It's the best of worlds really ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: SAAB c900 H-Beam Conrods

Just a very short post with a photo of the performance highly rated H-Beam SAAB c900 forged conrods.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Very nice. Can you weigh a unit with the fasteners? What type (brand) of fastener?
Kudos for supporting the Saab after market.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's been estimated that 1 x conrod with fasteners will be around 586g. Sorry for the late reply and hope this helps. Regards, Nigel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SAAB 900 H-Beam Forged Conrods

These very strong and lightweight H-Beam conrods are for SAAB 900 including turbo models, from 1986-1993.

They're rated at 850+Nm torque, 10,000+ rpm and 45+ psi

Awesome upgrade for a performance rebuild or general engine restoration.

I have 7 sets. Each set include the bearing cap bolts.

All enquiries welcome.
Regards,
Nigel

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SAAB c900 H-Beam Forged Con rods update!!

These very strong and lightweight H-Beam conrods are for SAAB 900 including turbo models, from 1986-1993.

They're rated at 850+Nm torque, 10,000+ rpm and 45+ psi

Awesome upgrade for a performance rebuild or general engine restoration.

I have another 7 sets. Each set include the bearing cap bolts.

All enquiries welcome.
Regards,
Nigel

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts