SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used C-track roof rack set a while ago. It did not include the mounting screws or washers.

I have found that the screws are 6 X 25mm but the OEM instruction only show a drawing of the washer. Anyone know what a good substitute would be? Is it more of an O-Ring or a hard rubber washer like a plumbing style thing?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I don't have washers on mine but I don't think I have the original screws. Mine came with a set of phillips screws and a set of security torx screws.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a thule 758 rack for my 9-3 sportcombi, and I just use standard metric allen bolts, and no washers. Some thin, small metal washers would do the trick as there is not much room in there!

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I found some stainless washers that worked well.

Another question though I need to replace the filler strip as some of it is missing. Anyone know the part number? Is it a Thule part?

I have a large X-cargo carrier mounted right now and have the slot covered with weatherproof duct tape for now as with slot open it makes quite the racket.:eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the info. I found some stainless washers that worked well.

Another question though I need to replace the filler strip as some of it is missing. Anyone know the part number? Is it a Thule part?

I have a large X-cargo carrier mounted right now and have the slot covered with weatherproof duct tape for now as with slot open it makes quite the racket.:eek:
These are the new strips with "ribs" that reduce air turbulence noise. I can confirm they fit in our C-Track and have a slight reduction to wind noise but not as much as I had hoped.

Thule Part #: 8525402005

1 - 8 of 8 Posts