SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... Can anyone tell me if they know of a good classic 900 saab breakers... i need a fair few parts, and i'm getting no joy with the most well known one.

Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
I heard bad things about Paradise in that they break cars if they can't get premium prices for them. Having said that it means they should have lots of parts!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I heard bad things about Paradise in that they break cars if they can't get premium prices for them. Having said that it means they should have lots of parts!
I've always found Dan very helpful, and let's face it, we've got to get our spares from somewhere and the scrappers I've seen at Paradise have been well past it.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Don't know where you heard that but in my experience it is utter tosh.

Dan is an enthusiast who has turned his hobby into a business. Sure he asks (and gets) good prices for very good examples of the marque but it wouldn't make any business sense to break a decent 900 for the parts and make a loss on it.

For the record, I bought my T16 from him for a price that was just about the sum of the parts. Not much premium there.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Don't know where you heard that but in my experience it is utter tosh.

Dan is an enthusiast who has turned his hobby into a business. Sure he asks (and gets) good prices for very good examples of the marque but it wouldn't make any business sense to break a decent 900 for the parts and make a loss on it.

For the record, I bought my T16 from him for a price that was just about the sum of the parts. Not much premium there.
I second that. Plus, you get a guarantee.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I second that. Plus, you get a guarantee.
I'm in the process of buying a T16S from Dan and he's giving me a 3 month guarantee. He advised me to make a note of any little faults I discover during this period then bring it back for them to be fixed just before the expiration of the guarantee. This is the first time I've ever had a dealer encourage me to find fault with a car. Time will tell of course but I have to say it makes me optimistic about buying from him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan is the bloke to turn to if you need parts, as he always has everything you need ! I was struggling to get hold of him about some parts, but hey... he's a busy man. I thought i'd try some other saab breakers, although none of them called me back anyway... Got hold of Dan now and all the parts i need once again ! He's going to fit a new headlining for me next week too.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Dan is the one to go to. He is just a few miles away from me so I see him a lot, even for just a natter. I have never seen a saveable car broken by him, in fact he'll do anything to save a car and encourage you to do the same.

If he says come back in 3 months with a list of faults he means it.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Dan is the one to go to. He is just a few miles away from me so I see him a lot, even for just a natter. I have never seen a saveable car broken by him, in fact he'll do anything to save a car and encourage you to do the same.

If he says come back in 3 months with a list of faults he means it.
You've got a fan club Dan. Keep up the good work. Paul

·
Registered
219 Posts
My 84 GLi was from Paradise and only cost 169 quid not quite a premium price but car is fantastic.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Ah...... but now you're making me feel jealous:cry:

BTW: Dan's forum is no longer (like my T16)

Cheers

ChrisT16
Yes he told me, seems that if it's not used for so many days it's automatically shut down. Shame really, if it had taken off it could have been another source of amusement.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Unfortunately Phil is correct, no postings for over 14 days hence automatically deleted by the (free) forum providers. :x

Oh well, worth a try!

Thanks for the comments guys.:cheesy:

Dan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts