SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, can anyone help me get my boot open , i press the button on the key and the boot beeps three times but wont open, when i press the button on the drivers door, nothing happens, i took the cover of the boot lock and tryed the key, but it wont turn in the lock, am i missing somthing, any help would be great as i have to go to ikea on sunday and wont get much in the back seats, the things i have to do for my wife, :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sedan or Wagon? Sedans have the problem with chaffing of the wire loom that goes into the trunk by the hinge. Wagons tend to kill the lock mechanism if they are slammed too hard too often.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re boot

hi , its a saab 95 4 door saloon 1999, sorry i am not much help, when i press the button on the key fob , it beeps about three times an lights flash, but thats about it, as i said the key wont even turn in the lock, do you think it has seized because of hardly being used. thanks for your reply .

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I think the wiring harness to the trunk is broken (common) and your lock is seized from non use & non lube.

Drop the rear seat, crawl in, and pull the trunk release cable...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re boot,

with out sounding more stupider than i am, where is that, i noticed a wire with a yellow tag on it is that it, its on the drivers side of the boot, god think i will crawl into the nearest hole, ;oops:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yep. Pull. It's the wire with the yellow tag on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
re boot

hi, well i pulled the wire with the yellow tag, and the petrol cap opened, not the boot, i have had a look in the boot but dont see any wires for the boot lid,now am lost, but thats not hard. i managed to pull back a bit of the boot cover panel and pulled a solid wire that was going to the lock and it opened i also took the lock of and have it soaking in wd 40, just now, but dont know what to try next, ;oops:

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I was just going to ask the same question. Mine just stopped working as well. It is a 4 door 2003 95 and has worked just fine till the other day. We moved my son from another town and it worked fine then. I thought that maybe we hit a kill switch someplace like a lock out that it can't be opened with the fob. I don't have an external lock just a badge. I will look at the wiring but Im sure it is fine. I also checked fuse #8 on mine where they say it is for the trunk but it was fine also.
I hope someone else has experienced this and fixed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re boot

hi, well i got the lock free, but now have to think about the wiring, if the door switch is not opening it and the key fob is not opening it, but it is beeping, could it poss be the solinoid switch in the boot, is ther a way too check this, an easy way for a simple minded numpty like me, slightly happier, ;oops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
re boot

hi, well got the lock working, but what now, if the switch is not working on the door, and the switch on the key fob is just beeping, do you think it could poss be a fault in the solinoid in the boot, is there a way to check this , a simple way that a numpty like me could understand, ;oops:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The usual fault on the saloons is in the wiring in the rubber conduit to the boot lid, its stretches and breaks inside, you should be able to pull the conduit back and repair the break.

·
Registered
693 Posts
with out sounding more stupider than i am, where is that, i noticed a wire with a yellow tag on it is that it, its on the drivers side of the boot, god think i will crawl into the nearest hole, ;oops:
Yep. Pull. It's the wire with the yellow tag on it.
hi, well i pulled the wire with the yellow tag, and the petrol cap opened, not the boot,[...]
Did anybody else see this coming. :lol: (Sorry...I've been watching way to much TV lately).

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,806 Posts
I laughed :).

When he said he didn't have a lock, but just a badge, I had a feeling someone was going say the lock was under the badge.

We aren't that mean here on Saab Central though are we? :p

·
Registered
428 Posts
The usual fault on the saloons is in the wiring in the rubber conduit to the boot lid, its stretches and breaks inside, you should be able to pull the conduit back and repair the break.

I have repaired two 95s that have had problems with the car alarm going off at random times due to a broken green wire in here 10 Min job with a soldering iron sorts it out ;) sorry i know this does not help you though

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
This is the problem you are probably having; a severed wire. No real need to solder them (though it's the best way). You can just use electrical tape.

·
Registered
708 Posts
....yeah. I feel a bit bad about that. My emergency unlock handle is glow in the dark....not quite yellowish. Sorry. Would have edited right away but was already out the door running errands. Again, my apologies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
re boot

hi, yes you were right, the wires had broken in the tailgate as per photo use kindly supplied, your a great bunch off guys, but? i am buggered if i see a manual release in the boot, anyway, i was going to solder up the wires, but was thinking of making the cuts a bit bigger and adding a bit extra in, so the joint wont be in the same place and get worn again. what do you think. :)

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
hi, yes you were right, the wires had broken in the tailgate as per photo use kindly supplied, your a great bunch off guys, but? i am buggered if i see a manual release in the boot, anyway, i was going to solder up the wires, but was thinking of making the cuts a bit bigger and adding a bit extra in, so the joint wont be in the same place and get worn again. what do you think. :)
I added a bit to it. I think it's the best way to go.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
How did you get in it Grizzly? :confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts