SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions about Aero standard equipment that I can't seem to find anywhere....

1) Are Daytime Running Lights standard equipment on 08+ Saab 9-3s?
2) Are electric folding mirrors and electric front seats standard or optional
equipment on 9-3 Aeros 03+?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Just a few questions about Aero standard equipment that I can't seem to find anywhere....

Thanks!
DRL- I have them on my US version 2008 9-3 Aero, DRL may vary by country

The mirrors and seats you describe were standard on my 2004 Aero and my 2008 Aero. Heated seats were standard on the 2004, but optional as part of cold weather package on the 2008. As my 2008 was an Arizona car originally it may be one of the few SAABs w/o heated seats. All my others back to 1973 had them except for the Sonett.

I am not sure this is a definitivee answer, just my experiences.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
DRLs are on both my '08 Aeros.

Neither of my '08 Aero's have electric folding mirrors. My convertible was built to special order, I got every listed option available at the time but the nav system (and it mine is a manual trans) and the heated seats were part of the cold weather package.

On the 9-3SS I have w/o cold weather, no heated seats. Electric seats on both, the vert has memory as well but not the SS.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'd bet that the electric folding mirrors were primarly a euro option. My US version doesn't have them. My car is only missing three optons: navigation, auto transmission and the convenience group which I thought included homelink, auto dimming mirror and automatic wipers. Power mirrors might have been part of that package too. If not, the mirrors weren't available on my order sheet. (I bought my car brand new)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
There are light bars above the headlight on all 2008+ 9-3s, but I don't know if you'd necessarily call them DRL's. Here in the UK, you switch them on by putting the light switch to the 'side light' position. The switch in the 'lights off' position means they're all off.

In the States, however, they are classed as DRL's as it doesn't matter what position the light switch is in, the light bars are on at all times.

Definitely not standard equipment on '03 Aeros, the one I owned didn't have either, they were available as parts of packages that could be specced at time of ordering the car new.
I believe that to be correct for all years after too, especially as my 2008 convertible Aero doesn't have electric seats, though it does have electric folding mirrors

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I misunderstood. My mirrors are electronically adjustable and fold manually

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Well being in England, I'm guessing from your sig, the features all vary from country to country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts