SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago, the car stopped starting normally. When I would go to start the engine it would turn over but begin to run very rough and then promptly shut off. I did manage to get it started and continuously running with some revving of the engine but even after the car was warmed up it was still running unbelievably rough. My first thought was possibly bad gas because I had filled it up just a day ago and now coincidentally I was having problems but that hypothesis sounds a little improbable. Have to admit, I am not much of a car guy, I know my way around the basics but that about the extent of it. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
A couple days ago, the car stopped starting normally. When I would go to start the engine it would turn over but begin to run very rough and then promptly shut off. I did manage to get it started and continuously running with some revving of the engine but even after the car was warmed up it was still running unbelievably rough. My first thought was possibly bad gas because I had filled it up just a day ago and now coincidentally I was having problems but that hypothesis sounds a little improbable. Have to admit, I am not much of a car guy, I know my way around the basics but that about the extent of it. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance.
We're going to need more details to even hazard a guess.

So if you don't press on the gas pedal, it shakes and stalls?

Is it a regular roughness, as if one or two particular cylinders aren't firing, or an irregular roughness?

If you keep it running, what does the exhaust smell like?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts