SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Nice to meet you all! New to the Saab world so I'm pretty sure you guys can help me out. I have 2003 95 Aero, manual transmission. Car has been driving well, but all of sudden yesters, I went to turn on my car and it wouldn't start. It cranks, but wnot come to a full start. Checked the battery and it fine. Need your help, thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) is your first place to start.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) is your first place to start.
Agree, you can confirm that if the tachometer needle don't move when you crank the engine
use Oem one not cheaper others

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agree, you can confirm that if the tachometer needle don't move when you crank the engine
use Oem one not cheaper others
Agree. However the sensor is just a simple coil, no rocket science there. I would go for the cheapest I can find.

If the needle moves when cranking first thing to do is replaceing the Ignition coil cassette. This IS rocket science use OEM, as new as possible.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Agree. However the sensor is just a simple coil, no rocket science there. I would go for the cheapest I can find.
I would like to respectfully disagree here. A part can be simple yet still poorly made. There are examples of many on these forums who used a cheap non-OEM CPS and regretted it soon after. This is a mission-critical part, and I'd suggest Bosch or Genuine Saab.

Agree 100% with your comments regarding the DIC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts