SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a similar starting issue. It's happened twice at an interval of many months and when I spoke to my mechanic he reckoned it was likely the NSS - but it was once after being parked overnight in a warm garage and once when parked several hours in the damp and cold. However reading through this thread I have my doubts mainly because I can hear a relay click. On both occasions the car eventually started quite happily after 5 minutes of turning the key and running the gears through the box.. Unclemiltie's post has clarified my thinking on this since the NSS is clearly in the ignition key circuit. If my relay is clicking then either the relay has an intermittent fault (throwing a small amount of money at this would do no harm I guess), or there is an intermittent starter solenoid fault or possibly a bad earth - battery terminal is clean and tight. Or am I missing something else? Any views greatly appreciated!

BTW the CPS was replaced about a year ago - but it was a cheapie since my mechanic could not get an OEM quickly. However the CPS issue only ever happened after the car had been running for 15 minutes or so. Doesn't exclude it I guess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not all 9-5 starters are the same length. I believe 99-2001 are a few inches longer and may not fit due to a PCV box change.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts