SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2005 Saab 93 convertible. Both the Folding mirrors dont work. I press the button no motor sound nothing.... Is there a fuse somewhere.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So you have two buttons on your mirror control on the door ? One for folding and one to 'dip' ? Do the mirrors fold if you keep your 'lock' button pressed on your key fob ?I can't actually spot which fuse would service the mirrors..........

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does the demisting work and can you move the mirror glass.

If you can't it could be the modules in the door- I had to have one replaced recently

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the drivers doors I have 3 buttons. There is one button for folding the mirrors, one for choosing which of the two mirrors L or R mirror to adjust, and a multi-directional button for adjusting the mirrors position.

Both mirrors can be choosen (pressing the button to either L or R ) and the position can be adjusted with the multidirectional round button. There position can also be stored in drivers memory seats and can be recalled from memory buttons on the seat.

Nothing happens when the folding button is pressed. Both mirror cases can't be folded when the button is pressed or when the lock key on the remte is kept pressed. There is also no sound at all when pressing the button (motor sound).

I checked on other Saabs with foldable mirrors and the door buttons are the same as mine. Cars with no folding mirrors do not have the folding button. This is strange.

If the car had no folding mirrors then the door buttons should have been different.

Thank you for giving me the manual pages , I also checked the fuses and I cant find one for the door mirors.

I dont know why.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ahhh.... it sounds to me that you have the 'dip' button. Go press it and look at the mirror nearest the pavement/kerb.... you will probably see it 'dip' to help you when reversing. I have 4 buttons on mine... 1 to 'dip' 1 to 'fold' one to adjust and one for left/right.

This picture...if you can make it out has the 'dip' button...without folding mirrors.

Check it out and get back to us.

·
Registered
759 Posts
jmadonna said:
9-3's don't have folding mirrors. Not sure about the 2008's.
They do in Europe, but not in the USA.

·
Registered
562 Posts
chris2004 said:
I also checked the fuses and I cant find one for the door mirors.

I dont know why.
That's probably because the folding mirror (motors) are controlled by the driver's door module. Go to your user manual and look for the fuses responsible for the driver/passenger door module and see if they're blown.
You may want to check the wiring connections in the driver door module as well.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
3rd stone from the sun said:
That's probably because the folding mirror (motors) are controlled by the driver's door module. Go to your user manual and look for the fuses responsible for the driver/passenger door module and see if they're blown.
You may want to check the wiring connections in the driver door module as well.
But if the mirrors move the DDM is powered and working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To Ambisaab: The door buttons are like the ones in the picture. I checked for dip function but that doesnt work either. Nothing happens. Also the sign on the button looks like folding and not like dip.

The car is European so it comes with folding mirror option.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
chris2004 said:
To Ambisaab: The door buttons are like the ones in the picture. I checked for dip function but that doesnt work either. Nothing happens. Also the sign on the button looks like folding and not like dip.

The car is European so it comes with folding mirror option.
Ok.. you're quite adament that you have folding mirrors... I accept that. I have just retro fit electrically folding mirrors to my car. The video link that someone posted is my car. It's European and when I got it it didn't have electrically folding mirrors. What it had was this switch....

I will post a picture of the folding/dip switch later when I get the car out.

Have a look at the video I did....at the start you can see the two buttons on the switch one for fold and one for dip....

Electrically Folding Mirrors

If your car has this switch..... as much as you like it or not.... you don't have electrically folding mirrors.... the logo on the switch denotes a downward action.... a dip.
Don't despair though...al the wiring is there so you can retro fit as I have done !

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car has this switch (same number of buttons) BUT the logo on the switch denotes folding mirrors. The logo is NOT the one on your picture. I understand that is is for a dip - and is clearlt shown- . The logo on my switch is Not that but it is that of the folding movement. It is very clear that it denotes folding ...and it is not like the one on your picture.
Maybe Saab placed the wrong logo...but if that was the case ...i should have had dip. I get not dip and ofcourse no folding as well.
Today I also checked the switch on another Saab (same model ) The cars has folding windows and the switch was exactly the same as mine. He gets folding windows I dont.....Strange

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Here is the switch that I retro fitted for the electrically folding mirrors.

The cost was £6.00 for the switch and the mirrors were on a special at a dealer for £126.00 each. I fit them myself then had to have them Tech2 at the dealer which cost me another £10. Bit expensive for the whole job but I think it was worth it. It cost a tad more than a set of Hirsch pedals !!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
chris2004 said:
My car has this switch (same number of buttons) BUT the logo on the switch denotes folding mirrors. The logo is NOT the one on your picture. I understand that is is for a dip - and is clearlt shown- . The logo on my switch is Not that but it is that of the folding movement. It is very clear that it denotes folding ...and it is not like the one on your picture.
Maybe Saab placed the wrong logo...but if that was the case ...i should have had dip. I get not dip and ofcourse no folding as well.
Today I also checked the switch on another Saab (same model ) The cars has folding windows and the switch was exactly the same as mine. He gets folding windows I dont.....Strange
My mistake then...sorry ! I didn't know they did the folding mirrors without the dip function...learn something new every day !! I'd take it to the dealer and ask them to make sure that they have been Tech2 into the system.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ambisaab said:
My mistake then...sorry ! I didn't know they did the folding mirrors without the dip function...learn something new every day !! I'd take it to the dealer and ask them to make sure that they have been Tech2 into the system.
Yes, indeed they do. My Vector has the fold only option.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The best solution I can think of is go to the dealers and make sure they are tech2'd into the system. You would be rather unfortunate for both mirrors to fail at the same time.... unless the switch is kaputt... If you have a 12v test lamp or meter you could check for power at the switch... it just pops off the pillar..no need to remove the door trim.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts