SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 93 boot [trunk] release problem

37K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Nordic-Machine 
#1 ·
Hi,

My new 93 only opens the door via the remote / door button, but NOT by the boot lid switch. The dealer now changed this, so that now it only opens by first pressing the remote and THEN the boot switch.

They tell me that it's not possible to have the boot open by pressing EITHER of the remote, door switch or boot switch. Is this correct??

Thanks,

Ian.

#2 ·
If the car is unlocked then you can press the button in the drivers door and the boot will release.

You can also press the remote control to open the boot when the car is locked(leaving the cabin locked).

Also if the car is unlocked then you can use to button under the lifting handle(it's a soft rubber button).

Mike

#5 ·
Rubber sealed rear trunk/boot release button under lift hand

Mikej, you stated that the boot can be opened using the rubber covered button under the boot lift handle when the car is unlocked. I tried this, but could not open the boot. The button feels like it's there, but there is no movement. Is this a European feature only?

#8 ·
Thats wild I always wondered what the hell that button on the rear trunk was, I tried it too, just never with the trunk open, sure enough with the trunk open you can hear it triggering somthing but with the trunk shut.... no dice!

Does anyone have the function turned on so that when you lock/unlock/trunk with the remote it beeps?

Also does anyone have the auto door lock/unlock feature activated?

#19 ·
I have an 05 Saab 9-3 and it has the auto-lock feature enabled. But I do also have the anti-theft alarm on mine as well.

as for the button switch on my trunk lid, it only works intermittently and I cannot figure out what qualifications need to be met for it to work yet. Both the button on the door and the button on the key fob work consistently but I have yet to figure out how to make the trunk button on the trunk lid work. :(

#11 ·
Gotta love this forum. This is on my list of things for the dealer to look at in my next trip. Curious to see what others have to say. I have an 06 Aero Vert and same issue. FOB will pop the trunk, button on drivers door will do the same, but that little button on the trunk is pointless, even though I can hear it work if I activate it when the trunk is open.

#12 · (Edited)
Only way I've ever got mine to work is when I push the unlock button on the door twice before I exit the car. I have to do this so my passengers can get out as the auto unlock feature will only unlock the drivers door. So after I hit the unlock button twice from in the car I got back and I can use the button located on the trunk lid. It does not do this if I use the remote no matter how many times I hit the unlock button. The trunk release on my door always works though.

Here is a list of tech II adjustments that can be made for the trunk I got it from the Tech II Definitive list, I just did a search for trunk lid adjustment. The text in red is what I assume you all are lookin for hope this helps!! Not positive these things apply to the verts but I wouldn't see why not.

Trunk Unlock
Single Press Unlock Only
Single Press Unlock + Open
Single Press unlock Double Press Open Single press of the remote or door switch will unlock boot
Single press of the remote or door switch will unlock and open boot
Single press of the remote or door switch will unlock double press will unlock and open boot.

Trunk Lock After Closing Yes/No
Yes: Automatically lock Boot on closing
No: Boot can be reopened using micro switch button located on the trunk/boot

Trunk Lock After Drive Off Yes/No
Yes: Trunk/Boot will automatically lock when vehicle increases speed
No:. Trunk/Boot will remain closed, however will be in the unlocked condition if No was selected in the previous option.

Door & Trunk Unlock at Key Out Yes/No

Yes: All Doors & Trunk/Boot will Unlock when the Key is removed from the Ignition Switch
If Driver frequently locked all Doors when driving this feature would be beneficial.
No: Doors and Boot will remain in the same condition as they were prior to Key removal

TSL Locking Logic
(Theft Security Locking/Deadlock) TSL at First Press
TSL at Second Press Driver Preference. Normal Locking or Dead Locking at first Press of Remote
TSL at firs Press: Default Setting. All Doors will lock in Deadlock Mode
TSL: at Second Press: All Doors will lock in Deadlock mode at the second press of the Remote.
Lock /Unlock Acknowledge None or Indicators Current vehicles fitted without Alarm can only option indicators only.

KrazyKoots said:
Ok so, How do you make that little rubber button work to open the trunk, I dont get it. Its hooked up because it activates the the trunk release unit, but only while the trunk is open. I want it to open a closed trunk.:nono;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.