SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for those who are interested: the german saab-site is currently being rebuilt to reflect the changes due to the new engine. as of now you can configure saabs on the website with the new engine as well. all the prices seem to have gone up some, including options (for instance the standard aero-tires are the same as the vectors now, the aero-tires known from the sc cost 700eur (1000$) extra, that is the "old" aero (and in us also arc) tires seem to be no longer available). vector now available with what used to be the aero engine, to a price roughly equivalent to the old aero model. the 1.8 150hp engine is still there...

www.saab.de

oh, and theres a colour prior unknown to me: jetblack

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Thanks bauklo, that's awesome!

I just called Saab USA yesterday & was politely told I'd have to wait until November for any news/specs/brochures/info.

Interesting bits from the website:
-Door color is option on all but Linear (standard on Aero)
-18" wheel option on Aero

-ESP plus for Aero, whatever that means
-Ventilated 16" front & rear brakes
-Curve Brake Control? Is that new?

Color lineup:
Black
Polar White
Laser Red
Steel Grey Metalic
Chili Red
Jet Black Metallic
Nocturne Blue
Olive Green Metallic
Parchment Silver
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Smoke Beige
Silver Metalic

12 colors. That's a record. 3 new ones: Black Metallic, Sapphire Blue, and Olive Green (not Lime green!)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the added colours are nice, i would love to see the jetblack in real life. unfortunately saabs are so rare here, that the first jetblack one in a radius of 100km will probably my one when i finally bought it:D

i dont like the fact that they continue to have the 150hp engine as the low end model. i was hoping we would get a model range a bit more similar to the us...
but alas...:cry:

the esp plus may be an enhanced esp (hence the name:roll:) which in critical situations advises the driver which way he should steer. vw uses this in the new golfs:
if the esp realizes that some wheels have no traction (for instance when going over the curb when evading something on the road), the steering wheel will pull in a direction so that all 4 wheels regain traction. saab probably means the same with esp plus.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Man! I've not heard about this steering thing yet. That VW system sounds awful for the sports enthusiast driver! Just what I want: A car that steers for me! Next thing you know they'll have auto-pilot and take all the fun out of it!:x

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
probably a bosch invention, thats why i assume that it's the same thing. however, i havent yet seen where it states that the aero has esp plus, so to make it clear: i am just making an "educated guess"

and to automated driving:
citroen has been offering a system which rattles the steering wheel if you are about to steer off the road (for instance when reading maps while driving or taking a nap...) for 2 years now.

and furthermore:
bosch claims they sold a system to mercedes (to be put in the new s-class in 2 years) which helps to parallel park: you have to pass the place
you want to park in slowly, sensors in front and rear bumper measure the available space and then you are instucted which way you and how much you need to turn the steering wheel in order to park (or it will tell you if the car simply wont fit into the gap). they claim the car could as well park all by itself, but they dont think drivers feel comfortable (yet)letting go of the steering wheel completely and letting the automatic handle the parking maneuver all by itself.

oh, and for that new s-class they have also developed a kind of a radar system which will check the road in front of the car. the picture is then projected on a head up display on the windshield (for nightvision) and the car will be stopped automatically if there's something on the road.

better buy your "dreamcar" now, it may not be fun anymore to drive in 10 years time:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In the specs that GM released for the V6T they talked about ESP Plus being for the 6MT only & including "Hill Start" (or some such). Basically, it just keeps you from rolling backwards from a stop when you depress the clutch pedal. Noi mention of any "auto-pilot" features ...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
mark_m said:
I'm dying to know what the gas mileage will be.

Does anybody have an idea or can interepret that?
Saab quoted numbers from data sheet:

Fuel consumption*

Combined <-- Note: city & highway avg.

(l/100 km)

M6 10.0 --> approx. 23.5 mpg
A6 10.5 --> approx. 22.4 mpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts