SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
no extra SAAAAAAAAB, never really notice the difference between the normal c900 and the xs i remember there were some small differences but what they were, at least with a "900SE" you normally got air con,

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Uh.. How does that differ from the 900 Turbo enough to be considered a different trim level?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is my first Saab and first car.....Im a landscaper and should have got a van but..always wanted a saab 900 !
Iim not sure what makes it different, maybe check the spec on the link above and let me know.
I know that the XS was a limited edition and only 200 were ever made for sale in UK but apart from that i cant tell.
Mine has electric windows, power steering, abs etc like most models but i suppose its rarer than the rest in UK anyway as only a few were made and sold.

Since getting mine i have noticed that on the streets near my house there are now about 5 saab c900's........must be something in the water !!

see attached pic

J

Attachments

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Since writing up that page, I am now aware that the XS was produced as an 'Executive' model. It was to feature a high interior specification, but be a normally aspirated car so as to attract a rep-car market.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
i'm on my second xs (K reg, 52,000mls), and as said above, i cannot really notice any difference except they had aircon, where my S's and standard 900, did'nt and my lpt vert has'nt and my full blown did'nt, and i have had 24 c900's in total, and something the xs has'nt got is a rear wipe that my S and others did, so as regards being executive?? or is that what "air con" means executive, stuff the air con open the sliding roof, LOL:cheesy: . and my son has a 900s (H reg) with wind-down windows and that has air con.
I have also read there were only 200 900 XS for the uk market, so is this rarer than the ruby?? and i have seen a couple of others local, i have owned one (no air con, or removed before i bought it?), and got another(£90 with tax & mot)and there is one for sale on the bay, so is the 200 an exact or were there more.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
16saabs said:
I have also read there were only 200 900 XS for the uk market, so is this rarer than the ruby?? and i have seen a couple of others local, i have owned one (no air con, or removed before i bought it?), and got another(£90 with tax & mot)and there is one for sale on the bay, so is the 200 an exact or were there more.
Given that the 900 was _ancient_ by '92, everybody looking to buy would have known the NG was just round the corner - Saab needed to shift some metal.

What better way than the time-honoured "Dust off the contents of that compound, slap an extra badge, some alloys and a couple of cheap extras on, and flog 'em as a special edition"...?

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
there was an SE, special edition, but then all of them should have been badged like that as they are all F***** special, :D even to a renault man like yourself with a black turbo, who got the s/h saab part from me.:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Ah. So it's just an S in Turbo trim then.

Probably a really good deal then as the S's tend to be in so much better condition than the Turbos.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
16saabs said:
now you know what it's like to insult a saab fan mr 2cv.
My sincerest apologies go to 16volvos.

how is the water pump now
Brand spankin' new.

Shame there was nothing wrong with the old one - the water was being lost through a number of hairline cracks in the header tank, one of which was spraying right at - and leaving marks on and under - the water pump...

Never had _that_ problem with air-cooled engines...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts