SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals

I'm the proud owner of a P reg 2 litre non turbo but have recently been put through hell by my local garage, basically to put a long story short, It starting stalling 3 or so weeks ago. I took it to my garage & they told me it was the fuel filter, so they replaced it, picked it up 2 miles down the road it did the same thing so i took it back, they then told me it was the fuel pump which they replaced, this went on for 2 weeks changing all sorts of parts, I finally got my car back this morning but the engine warning light and srs lights are on, its runs perfectly, contacted the garage and they told me that the lights are on as a result of them removing all of the relays BUT the cant switch off the fault codes as they don't have the relevant tool, So basically im asking if there's someone on here who can save my bacon and save me getting even more of an ear bashing from my lovely wife who uses it more than me

Any advise or help will really be appreciated

J

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
On a NG900, the SRS alarm can only be tested and cleared by a Saab dealer or Independant mechanic that has a Tech-II test set.

I've heard of disconnecting the battery, waiting 30 minutes, then disconnecting the SRS computer to clear the codes. Some say it works, others say it doesn't work. It might be worth a try... Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts