SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can buy a set of four 16' SAAB factory wheels off a SAAB 900S. The seller says it has the 4 X 108 bolt pattern and some BF Goodrichs with half tread left for $200 US. Will they fit my '95 9k Aero and does that seem like a good deal?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
i seem to remember i bought 108s for my car - not an aero but i believe there isn't a difference on the hubs. have a look on the internet for wheels - lots of sites give you the right details (even if they aren't the same wheels).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe on THAT side of POND!

In Europe there are many cars that used 4 X 108mm bolt pattern. Here in the States they are few and far between like SAAB's, Volvo's, OLD Ford's, and the Audi 90. So finding rims on a place like www.Tirerack.com or a local tire shop is NEXT TO IMPOSIBLE!! :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
Bolt circle will be the same for all these SAABs. Offset might not be correct. The Aero needs a 27 mm offset for the 6.5 x 16 wheel.


The 900 switched to the 9000 hubs and brakes in 1988 I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
the Ford Contour/Mercury Cougar use a 4x108 bolt pattern, but the offset is different. 38-41 mm offset, IIRC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
I had those wheels on my 9000. I bought them from ebay and loved them. I just threw them on the car, no spacers or anything. The fit well, and stuck out a bit from the stock 15" x 6 (looked awesome). So they will fit any 9000 but 900's up to 93.

-Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saabeh said:
I had those wheels on my 9000. I bought them from ebay and loved them. I just threw them on the car, no spacers or anything. The fit well, and stuck out a bit from the stock 15" x 6 (looked awesome). So they will fit any 9000 but 900's up to 93.

-Mike
Mike so I am clear, did you have SAAB 900S rims on your 9000 "OR" Ford Contour/Mercury Cougar rims???;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Superaero said:
Bolt circle will be the same for all these SAABs. Offset might not be correct. The Aero needs a 27 mm offset for the 6.5 x 16 wheel.


The 900 switched to the 9000 hubs and brakes in 1988 I believe.
OK, so if they are off a '88 or NEWWER 900 up to '93 the 4 X 108 16'' SAAB Alloys he has will fit my 9000 perfectly, right!!! :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
pre-88 cars used a 4x114 bolt pattern, IIRC. 88-93 900 wheels should fit the 9000.

my new question is...what years for 900 and 9000 did they switch to 5 bolt lug patterns?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
baco99 said:
pre-88 cars used a 4x114 bolt pattern, IIRC. 88-93 900 wheels should fit the 9000.

my new question is...what years for 900 and 9000 did they switch to 5 bolt lug patterns?
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think 900's went to 5 bolt in '93 when GM started messing with SAAB, hence teh label NG900.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
SAAB only switched to five lug bolts when they started using Opel platforms engineered by GM. These used Opel derived running gear with five bolt hubs. The 9000 was the last four bolt SAAB.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top