SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone.
Thanks for all your help with my air conditioning problems. I have a booking with a Auto Electrician to tell me the extent of the problem. I now also discover that no warm air is blowing through either! For anyone who is interested, I will post the results/diagnosis.

My second question is now with the audio system. Obviously it is looking for a code which is long lost. Is there any simple way of re-coding? Checks on the internet seemed to indicate that holding down the "Band" button resets, but I have no Band button, only AM/FM button. Nothing worked.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Well there is a unique European radio and USA market radio. The Band button trick is only when you have entered an incorrect code and want to clear it.

Go find the VIN and serial # of the radio, go over to the local Saab dealer and they should be able to look it up for you.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
i know my uncle had this issue with his bmw. every car has some way to overide it somehow, thats how theives can still get them becuase they know about it. they put in some universal code for that exact year bmw and radio. i would think the same would apply to saab ect. does anybody know it:cheesy: ??

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I don't think that Saab has a universal code.

You could write Wasyl at saabradio.com and ask him if there are any shortcuts.

·
Registered
569 Posts
it could very well be in the owner's manual... if you still have the manual, scan through it very carefully and look for it written somewhere. it won't be printed, but in handwriting, usually by the original owner... good luck

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hi again,
SAAB Australia should have a record of the chassis no's and be able to cross reference any info that you need.
Do you have any idea where the car was first sold?
The original dealer will have the info as well.
I went through the same process when I bought the '93 900.
The dealer told me the code for the unit but he was sourcing the info from the SAAB Aust. database.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts