SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I'm considering buying a Saab 9000 2.0 turbo from 1990 (175hp). I learnt to drive on this car when I was 18 old and I have so nice souvenirs of the turbo feeling pushing you in the seat...that I would like to find this feeling again!
I drove many cars (I'm working with cars) but I could never feel this feeling so much...
The thing is: gasoline price (here in Belgium) is increasing more & more and it becomes a real luxury to drive with gasoline engines. (all people here are driving with diesel engine. I have Audi A3 TDI 130hp).

My question is: Do you think it would be possible to install LPG installation in terms of engine durability, driveability, ect....
I would be interested with the Saab 9000 T16 SP (204hp)...is it realistic?

I know the APC system allows more than other high pressure turbo...but...?

for example: considering that when I want to drive hard, I still can turn to gasoline to protect the engine? Is it feasable?

Thank you for your help!
:cheesy:

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Yes you can. Bosch LH2.2 and LH2.4 cars like yours are easy to convert. Just make sure you have a 82°C thermostat instead of a 89°C one to balance the tendency of LPG to burn at higher temperature than gasoline. I made 100k km on my '87 running on LPG. I did had a head gasket failure at 180k km but I think I would have had it even if I had run on gasoline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much Stefano!

So, it's not a problem to combine High pressure turbo and LPG on those cars?? :eek:

I know it was possible to do it on low pressure turbo (145cv) but I had a doubt for the 175cv one.

Do you switch to gasoline when you drive "hard" ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts