SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saab 9000 CD recirculating dump valve

Hey guys, just a quick question for you, how easy is it to change from a recirculating dump valve to a blow off valve, there are three hoses to my valve, one in the bottom, one in the side and a small one on the top, what would I have to do to change valves as a bov only has the one hose inlet??:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
If you are referring to the diverter, hooter or bypass valve then you would need to seal the intake bellows upstream of the turbo. An dump valve to the atmosphere would leave a hole where the bypass valve feeds boost back in the intake upstream of the compressor.

The small diameter hose from the throttle body is what activates the dump valve and the other larger hose is where the boost pressure passes through the dump valve.

There would be no point fitting a dump valve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
recirculating dump valve

:suprised; Thanks for the advice, but how would I go about getting the woosh noise that you get from a BOV, as it now seem changing is not an option.

Regards

Dominic

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am going to throw this out in the open.

Your post was a little confusing. But, I think what you want is a BOV, right? Or am I way off. Anyway, you want the noise you get from a bov, and you need a bov in order to get that noise.

My 1990 9000 CD has a bov stock, so I don't see why yours wouldn't either. Now, if you want your noise to be more prevelent, then I would suggest putting a cone air filter on that bad boy. I am assuming you have just a regular paper cylinder filter on there. Put a nice cone on there, and you'll definitely be able to notice the difference. You'll never want to go back.

I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Agreed, but even by just cutting open the std airbox back cover & removing the snorkle will give you all the pisssshhht you,ll need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts