SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a saab 900 2.0 turbo 1997 4 door hatchback. it has the stock stereo in it and i need help finding a compatible radio installation kit for a single din http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-P5900IB with a flip front. i also need help finding a compatible wiring harness compatible with my car and that stereo, if anyone can help since ive heard its incredibly hard to install an aftermarket stereo in these cars due to lack of availability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The VW harness adapter will work. There isn't really a fitting kit, used to be able to get a little cubby to fill the extra space, but they are hard to come by, rumor is one for a 90s Honda also fits well.
ive noticed my plug in the car has more connectors then the vw wiring harness, what about the wiring diagram for both, so i can make sure it fits up, if anyone has that available. and i found a honda kit that people say they have used so ill give that a try.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
you should have 5 plugs for the radio on the ng900. Two DIN (round) din plugs, one for the CD changer and one for the factory amp. You can probably ignore the CD changer one (unless your new head unit has the ability to connect one that I doubt), the 2nd you can either make an adapter cable to change the DIN to 2 RCAs or I'd just replace the amp too, it drives the door speakers only and isn't that great. That leaves you with two rectangular plugs (that fit in the VW adapter) and then the antenna plug that on ng900 should be the standard Motorola one and should fit with no adapter in an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does your factory stereo work? Would you be interested in selling it? I just purchased a '99 9-3 and it has an awful Kenwood CD player in it that barely works. I would really like to get this looking more like stock...

Anyway, good luck with your install!

(sorry to hijack)

~Michael

·
Registered
48 Posts
The radio from a ng900 wont work in a og9-3. Also you will need to marry (and divorce from the old car) a factory radio to your 9-3.
Yeah, I figured after thinking about it for a minute that it wouldn't be as easy to plug-n-play as I first had hoped. I'll look around a bit and see if I can't read up on how pairing the stereo is accomplished.

Thanks for the info, though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.