SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here, and need a little help.

Had the car nearly 3 years and it's always had an intermittent issue of the car not "seeing" the remote fob when pressed to unlock and de-immobilise the car. This has gradually got worse to the extent that the car does not see the fob at all now, so it's a non-runner. I stumbled just now on a comment on a photography forum I am a member of saying a members Saab had a corroded relay that stopped his immobiliser working. It's that or there is an issue with the fob, but how to tell??

I'm open to suggestions as to how to fix this, or if anyone makes me a half sensible offer for the car, you are welcome to collect it!

It's got tax and it was MOT'd in September, and has under 90,000 miles, and when the sun is out like this, is a great drive.

Rich

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Does the light on the remote light up, have you tried pressing the remote 5 times quickly to see if it re-syncs? What I have seen happen is the solder joints crack for the battery connector in the remotes, this causes them to become unsynced when just sitting for any length of time (like if you removed the batteries)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts