SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a radio in my 900, and it only has speakers in the front on the dashboard. But im wondering are there any cables for the back speakers somewhere under the seats in the back_?

I have a 2 door saab.

Thanks a lot,
Matti
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - Got it.

Hey, alright I got it, I found out what and where is.

I just have to put new cables from the radio to the back..

And I have no idea how to hide them or how to cover them somehow..
I guess that I will have cables running on the ground there.. :-(

hmmm..

Mati
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
mmustillo said:
Hey, alright I got it, I found out what and where is.

I just have to put new cables from the radio to the back..

And I have no idea how to hide them or how to cover them somehow..
I guess that I will have cables running on the ground there.. :-(

hmmm..

Mati
No you don't have to do that, hide them under the carpet and under the rear seat or behind the rear trim. To get under the carpet you can unscrew the sill trim, the black metal bit at the bottom of the door opening. That will give you an easy way under the carpet, you can also gently pull the carpet back in the footwell area. Like I said, take your time and look for ways of hiding the cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
philjohnhb said:
No you don't have to do that, hide them under the carpet and under the rear seat or behind the rear trim. To get under the carpet you can unscrew the sill trim, the black metal bit at the bottom of the door opening. That will give you an easy way under the carpet, you can also gently pull the carpet back in the footwell area. Like I said, take your time and look for ways of hiding the cable.

Thanks, But the thing is how do I get the cable from the radio threw the front pannel down to the carpet from the back of the radio... thats the problem.. I dont konow how to get it threw..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Well, there are lots of ways of doing that. The easiest way is to take out the front left speaker panel, you can then feed the wires from the rear of the CD player to the area of the front left speaker. Then attach with tape the ends of the new speaker wire to the end of a stiff piece of wire (an old coat hangar straightened out) and gently feed the new wires forward and down until they appear at the bottom of the knee bolster (the padded panel below the dash). If they dont appear they will probably have gone behind the footwell carpet so pull the carpet back. Once the new speaker wires have reached this area you will be able to undo the tape, withdraw the stiff piece of wire then pull through the speaker wires. With these pulled all the way through you should then be able to route them under the carpet to the rear.

If you have the tools to take out the knee bolster then routeing is even easier.

To remove knee bolster; remove bellows rubber ahead of gear lever, undo 2 screws underneath. Remove 4 screws, 2 on each side of centre console. Remove ashtray and undo 13mm bolt behind, remove centre console. Remove lower steering column cover, 2 screws behind steering wheel and one large plastic screw underneath. Remove bolster, 2 10mm bolts, 1 on each side under bonnet(hood) between outer and inner wing and finally 13mm bolt in centre of bolster in car. With that removed all will be revealed and access is easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Check your wiring. I's be shocked if there are not already speaker wires going back there. Look at the main harness on the side of the car under the back seat, see if there are any leads that come off. Perhaps there is a sub- harness that goes from here to the speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Matt, every Saab I have been in has two small rear speakers adjacent to removable parcel shelf, even if the speakers have been taken out the wiring could still be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
watson said:
Matt, every Saab I have been in has two small rear speakers adjacent to removable parcel shelf, even if the speakers have been taken out the wiring could still be there.
This is a 2 door, don't know where rear speakers should be on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
philjohnhb said:
This is a 2 door, don't know where rear speakers should be on them.
OOPHS, thanks Phil, my mistake, I do not think I have ever looked at a two door let alone been in one.

Note to me, wake up sunshine.....
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top