SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i spotted a '91 maybe a 91' 900 non-turbo in my area and the person was asking $3000 for it. I checked out the car and surprisingly it was unlocked, the meter said 173, 567 miles, it appeared nice on the inside, the leather and cloth was all in decent condition. This car looks like it had been sitting there for a year or two and rust has taken over and under the hood doesn't look to pretty either. Am i insane or is $3000 a bit much for this car? Does anyone have a reasonable price that i could throw at this person for the car? cause I'm thinking 500 bucks or around there; its a shame that this car had to go to such a bad waste! I want to revive it!

·
Registered
680 Posts
wow, $3k maybe if there were like 10 of those cars sitting there that you just described.. and a rusty NON-turbo?? Im sorry, might get flamed, but i dont think theyre worth saving. Only non-turbo i would touch is a pristine one that sold cheap.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Geez before everyone jumps on the high price...what about maintenance records? if it has a rebuilt tranny and a ton of work done recently, it's worth it. If it's been sitting then no...

·
Registered
680 Posts
unless it has than 80 k on it, no rust, and a million new parts (ie tranny, etc..), then I might come close to paying $1500 - $2000. And yes, that is a high price for a rusted, over 100k, non-turbo Saab. Thats why everyone IS jumping on the price.

By the way - the $500 you're thinking? Yeah, that would be a decent price if it were running/driveable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha i wish they meant $300, I have some pictures of it for everyone I am going to put up that i took, so you can see the car for yourself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts