SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How rare are these. I never see any on the road and I only see a handful of the kits on the net.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Very rare.
Despite that - I have two airflow c900 (3-door and 'vert). I guess I was lucky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a 92' 900s airflow. Bought it for a good price and it's in great condition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, a 900 "S" airflow it's really clean all factory and only has 92,000 miles on it. There are a few dings here and there but what do you expect for a 17 year old car.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I also vote we get some pictures going in this thread, Airflow cars are HOT!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
A 900 "S" airflow?
Almost all the Airflow 900's in the US seem to be on S models, I figure the 900 S and Airflow kit were significantly cheaper than the SPG model with Aerokit, and the 900 Turbo + Airflow was more than the SPG and nobody cared enough :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will take pictures of the engine bay later. The wifes hyundia was behind the 900 so I couldn't open the hood.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Almost all the Airflow 900's in the US seem to be on S models, I figure the 900 S and Airflow kit were significantly cheaper than the SPG model with Aerokit, and the 900 Turbo + Airflow was more than the SPG and nobody cared enough :lol:
wow - never woulda guessed it! :lol:
good to know. I actually never knew the airflow kit was offered as an option in the US, thought it was a euro thing.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
wow - never woulda guessed it! :lol:
good to know. I actually never knew the airflow kit was offered as an option in the US, thought it was a euro thing.
It wasn't so much an option, it was an accessory you would buy at the dealer. But it was pretty expensive so normally only purchased with a new car, I think in most European countries it was the same situation, except for some special edition cars that were sold, eg Carlsson in the UK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my 1993 900s LPT 16 Airflow in New Zealand. Came with the directional 15" wheels but I changed to 16" 9000 Aero wheels. Much better. Have also got the vent covers but not currently on the car.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
that`s an AERO not AIRFLOW.

This is my 1993 900s LPT 16 Airflow in New Zealand. Came with the directional 15" wheels but I changed to 16" 9000 Aero wheels. Much better. Have also got the vent covers but not currently on the car.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
Think they're the same as our Carlsson model. Ours were limited to red, black or white and produced in limited numbers. Only other way an airflow kit would end up on a 900 would be if the customer specified it as an option or if one was taken from a Carlsson and fitted to a normal 900.

This is my Carlsson

This is very yukky looking. But everyone is entitled to make their own decisions in life.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Only other way an airflow kit would end up on a 900 would be if the customer specified it as an option or if one was taken from a Carlsson and fitted to a normal 900.

Dealers installed Airflow kits on "S" models they couldn't move - the turbo cars flew off the lots, while even fully-optioned NA cars sat. So that's why you'll see a 1991-93 900S with all the trimmings, auto trans and an airflow kit. Made them look sporty, and they sold.

Remember, in the US no car came stock from the factory with the airflow kit. They were only available as options from the accessories catalog.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Dealers installed Airflow kits on "S" models they couldn't move - the turbo cars flew off the lots, while even fully-optioned NA cars sat. So that's why you'll see a 1991-93 900S with all the trimmings, auto trans and an airflow kit. Made them look sporty, and they sold.

Remember, in the US no car came stock from the factory with the airflow kit. They were only available as options from the accessories catalog.
I have an airflow 3-door (Belgian market, lpt + IC from factory) with the kit installed from factory I would like to think. Also airflow cabrio (Belgian market FPT) with different wheel arches and how they are fitted to body.

Both look factory installs while of course the dealer probably caould have done it also professionally looking.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Yip, right on. My black car is a 1993 S, light pressure turbo, had (till now) no intercooler, has no APC, auto, ABS, all the airflow kit fitted day one and 15" directional wheels, in Sweden.
For your interest, I got the full logbook with the car which details all its services carried out on time to manufacturers spec's. The car left Sweden and arrived here in New Zealand with 38000kms on the clock and the logbook continued right up till I bought the car at 171000kms with a blown head gasket despite regular antifreeze changes, and being a light pressure turbo.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bought an '88 Turbo Airflow new at the dealer...here's a couple of pics from "back in the day". Tags show it was probably 1990. The kit was installed at the dealer and the car was being displayed on the showroom floor when I happened in.

Here it is when I found it 3 years ago on eBAY, but sadly too far gone (rust) to buy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts