SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. Seen tons and tons and tons of forums about adding a BOV to a T7 Saab.. I found a quick easy solution to anyone that wants to run one and doesn’t mind a CEL. I haven’t seen anyone else write about this simple answer to getting that blow off sound..

So here: simply disconnect the maf sensor, the car runs perfect and actually gets better miles per gallon with it disconnected (you leave the maf in place just disconnect the wire to it) install a blow off valve and enjoy.. :D

This isn’t a solution.. it’s just a simple way to get that blow off working without the engine stalling out.. I’m sure there’s many people that doesn’t care about a CEL and wants that bov sound!

When it’s time for the inspection or you get tired of the CEL just put the BPV back and reconnect the cable to the maf.. or if you don’t want to spend money on a BOV the factory BPV also works as a BOV just disconnect the hose and plug the hole that goes to the air intake (turbo side)

And no I’m not a ricer or some boy racer... just giving something to people that want the sound. :)

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
I've never understood the point, my nephew had one on his six cylinder Mustang turbo...he got rid of it after one week.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Hmmm, so the solution is to disconnect things that are required for the car to meter air and fuel correctly while adjusting the timing thus balancing power and efficiency? If the car shows a CEL, it's not a good thing. Uhhh, no thanks. Not my cup of tea, or coffee, or pop/soda, or even water. To each their own though.
It'd be better to do a recirculated bov (allows air back into the intake so the car meters correctly and allows air to vent to atmosphere at the same time) or get a Forge valve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, so the solution is to disconnect things that are required for the car to meter air and fuel correctly while adjusting the timing thus balancing power and efficiency? If the car shows a CEL, it's not a good thing. Uhhh, no thanks. Not my cup of tea, or coffee, or pop/soda, or even water. To each their own though.
It'd be better to do a recirculated bov (allows air back into the intake so the car meters correctly and allows air to vent to atmosphere at the same time) or get a Forge valve.
Hello and thanks for your reply! I’m not saying it’s something good for your car or is a good solution.. not at all. Just something quite fun and easy to do if one gets bored.. and it can all be put back to normal in basically 5 mins. I know there’s a lot of people who won’t care and be happy to get the sound for free lol. I understand it’s quite cheesy and probably childish way to get something done. But hey, I figured I’d try it and it worked and I got no problems, drove it that way for a week lol. Of course everything is properly installed now and working as it was built to work.

*I bought the car very cheap as a winter beater, it’s quite tired but runs fine. Just something to play around with. I do not suggest that someone do this on their main vehicle especially if one spent a lot of money on it!. It’s just abit of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts