SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so i have a 04 Saab 9-5 Arc Im having issues with the car it is severally down on power. It started when i switched over fuel brands I always used Chevron 91 octane in my car ran perfect was happy with it . I decided to try Shell V Power Nitro. So i put in about 4 gallons or so just to see. It drove home fine boosted well. Took to work later on that night drove fine up until i put it into sport mode and gave it some gas misfired terribly and almost died. I manged to get home in the morning. I've been working on it ever since. My battery died it was not not getting charged so i replaced the alternator and battery. I checked the fuel filter it was clean enough nothing clogging it up. The fuel pump seems to be working it does have a kind erratic suction but car does start. I changed the plugs. I have 0 codes showing. Currently the car does start and move but any time i get on it and try to pick up speed it will hesitate bog out and die. Also at times at has trouble staying on. No idea what's wrong with it. Crankshaft positioning sensor was already replace i even warranty it just in case it was bad and still have the same issue. Order a replacement DIC thinking that may help.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
If Check Engine flashes, you do have fault code stored even flashing stops and car feel OK.
You need TECH2 to check codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I figured I had it checked at autozone but there scanners are just basic for all years make and models. I have a question my car before this all began was running Acdelco plugs which were pre gapped to .044 which i had no idea was above the what was recommended. The car ran great with those plugs. I replaced them with some NGK Platinums and that meet spec and it seems worse then when the Acdelco were in there could this be an issue? This is DI my getting a genuine saab replacement monday.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
From the photo it looks like an aftermarket DIC and is probably at fault. A genuine Saab OEM DIC has a label that has SEM printed on it as well as a date code and the Saab part number. The latest part is 55559955.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I may be mistaken but...from that picture of the DIC, the coil all the way on the right looks different than the rest. Like it's missing a decent amount of insulation on the tip

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
^^^^^ Yup, the very top piece for the seal is missing, which would mean that the spring might be missing too.
Either way, that DIC, even if it was OEM shouldn't be used, it's done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The check engine light will flash with knock detection, sounds like low fuel pressure are you able to measure the fuel rail pressure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought a fuel pressure tester it got up to 33 then the dam thing sprung a leak spewing fuel all on the engine its seemed to be picking up well and this was on priming the pump not starting the car. New DI comes in tommorow so ill get to see if that resolves the issue if not im ordering a new pump just to be safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts