SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Saab 9-5 Aero and it cuts out whilst driving.I took it to a Gm dealership and they checked it with a Tech2. I replaced spark plugs"NGK PFR6H-10", coil pack, fuel pump, relays, crank sensor "Bosch", throttle body and fuses but the problem persists.
What can the problem be?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
When you say it cuts out, does it stop instantly? Does it restart? Do you have to wait before you can restart it? If you are sitting idling, can you touch the key and maybe wriggle it a touch without the engine stopping?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the DIC is original
When you say it cuts out, does it stop instantly? Does it restart? Do you have to wait before you can restart it? If you are sitting idling, can you touch the key and maybe wriggle it a touch without the engine stopping?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It cuts out and sometimes it starts immediately and on other instances i have to wait minutes to hours before it starts again or does not start at all for the whole day and one more thing there's excessive heat coming from the engine bay.....i've also done compression tests on the vehicle

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
DIC is old version, newest version is 55559955.
Change CPS, typical symptoms of failing CPS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts