SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9-5 Aero 2002 with the driver side headlight out. I took the cover off the and removed the light, but for the life of me, I can tell how to get the bulb out of the OSRAM Xenarc holder. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't have Xenon lamps so I can't help you out any further. What I posted is all the Saab WIS shows about the removal. I'm sure someone else will be able to help you further.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The bulb is not designed to come out of that box. It comes as a unit with the ignitor (metal box). This is a D1S bulb and should be replaced with the same unit.

If you need a new one, I recommend suvlights.com as they sell the Osram Sylvania for $110 each with ignitor. This is not the same as the ballast which is pictured in this thread on the screenshot. The ballast is mounted to the bottom of the headlight assembly.

If you want to find the bulb without the ignitor you should look for a D2S or D2R ( not as sure on these) but it will not fit in a Saab HID mount unless it is a D1S.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! The 110 price for the DS1 is much cheaper than the dealership!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts