SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, i'm new here , so here is my problem (sorry for my bad english) .

I have an SAAB 9-5 2011 2.0 TiD (123.000 km), and i have a wired problem .
The problem is with automatic transmission. When i drive the car "long time" (about 15/30 minutes, depends on the weather, because when it's hot outside, i drive only 15 minutes, and when it's cold with hot, i drive 30 minutes) until the water temperature increases, the car start's to shake, start's to shocks, and on my board it appears "Transmission Maintenance" and after the engine light problem is illuminated , and after that i can rule only with first gear (i want to mention, i can't change the gear with Manual, doesn't work) . I have this problem after two month's after i buy that car from Italy . The oil from gearbox it's changed (I changed it to a service, so the oil it's ok) and i changed the Valve Block, and after 3,4 months it have similar problem. The tester show me the probleam is : Pressure valve 3, and i changed the Valve Block..wired . I think, the gearbox is not probleam, because i can rule, the gear changed very good, but after 30 minutes (or 15 in other cases) it's appears "Transmission Maintenance" (or i'm wrong about it's not the transmission probleam?) . I don't know what can cause that issue with transmission because i ask so many people, and testing..and nobody knows. So, sorry for my english again if i have mistakes, but i have a major problem , so please help !

Sincerely, Vlad .

·
Registered
565 Posts
Did you do the fluid change in the tranny or did a shop do it? We have pretty much figured out that it takes about 4 'changes' to get all the fluid out of the transmission. When you change the fluid you will get only about 25% of the fluid out. You then have to run the car and repeat the process. Please check out this thread on the issue;

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394225&page=2

Do you know if the fluid was ever changed in your car before your most recent change? You have about 78000 miles on the car and I would say a full change of the tranny fluid is needed.

I don't know if this will fix the problem....sounds more serious but I would start with this. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try to change air mass flow sensor on engine. Dont ask anything just try. I had the same issue with my old 2003 saab 2.2tid automatic trany. If you need more info write pm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to change air mass flow sensor on engine. Dont ask anything just try. I had the same issue with my old 2003 saab 2.2tid automatic trany. If you need more info write pm.
I'm sorry because i reply too slow . The car is now ok, and...it's not the flow sensor engine..the problem was automatic transmission calculator, but it's destroy all my gearbox. It was changed (all the gearbox + transmission calculator) for 5000 Euros. Now it's ok, but all the mechanis from that service they told me that new SAAB's (from 2010 to 2015 - model 95) they have a bad transmission...well, in fact : The new cars (from all brands) sucks nowadays . Thanks again, cheers !

·
Registered
3 Posts
your 2011 Saab control is stuck in manual drive mode,
if you put it in park & shift to drive it will be fine.
repair transmission control

1 - 5 of 5 Posts