SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a question about dashboard lights for SAAB 9-5 Aero 2008 Combi.

When you turn egnition key from OFF to On (before starting the engine), which lights on dasboard should illuminate normally?

Can someone please post a picture?

I am about to buy 9-5 but it had an empty battery and I could not start it (we jupm started it) however ON was working and I started to pay attention to lights that came on... I guess transmission box light was on.

After jump start Check passed and all lights went off..

Does ON position before starting the engine has any siggnificance to check and diagnose system lights that might indicate faulty parts ?

Sencond is baout NAVi system.

How should it work when I turn it on ? Does the CD player have to read the DVD with maps all the time?

Does anyone has a Navi manual on PDF?

Thank you !

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes, all the dash lights will come on as a test and then shut off. This is completely normal.

I don't have the Nav system so someone else will have to help you out with that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, all the dash lights will come on as a test and then shut off. This is completely normal.

I don't have the Nav system so someone else will have to help you out with that.
In ON position, without starting engine, some lights will stay on, like battery, oil pressure low..

Which ones exactly?

Can someone make a photo or better a video of a normal sycling through Lock, OFF ON, then Start, so I can see which lights must come on?
This is important, as I rememmber transmission light was on without engine star, but should it, I dont think so?

With empty battery I was in On position without engine running for few minutes.. and there were more light on that I think there should be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, excellent, thank you.

I recon, when battery was empty also ESP (orange in sport where green P is) and Transmission lights came on .. is that ok ?

Here I see battery, eng oil pressure low and engine light?

After jumpstart and checks all lights went out.

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/saab/2008-Saab-9-5-getknow.pdf

See page 7.. I had those lights on..

Engine malfunction*
This light indicates a malfunction in the
fuel or ignition system.

Automatic transmission, fault
indicator*
On a car with automatic transmission,
this warning symbol is illuminated if a
fault

·
Registered
869 Posts
As long as everything shows as OK when the car is running and all the dash lights go out it should be just fine. Of course, this should all still be true after taking the car for a good test drive - long enough so that everything is up to normal temperature.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I love my car. That's my normal everyday average mpg for what driving I normally do. On trips that involve highways it gets much better - 29 to 31 mpg, usually. And, when it comes time to get up and go and be in a hurry I can run with the bog dogs and pee in the high weeds, in style.... :cheesy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D yeah, awesome car it is..

How should one correctly drive with aero model ? Turbo usage, cool down, for how long can you accelerate with max turbo ? Entering red zone is normal?
What is the correct driving style for aero 2.3?

·
Registered
869 Posts
There's no correct way. You drive however you want to. To save gas you keep the turbo needle in the lower section by going easy on the gas pedal. To have a LOT of fun and go fast you hit the gas pedal and the turbo needle hangs out in the middle to upper section of the dial. :D

I find that I help to keep myself from getting too heavy a right foot by leaving the information center set on the fuel average, like you see in the pic I posted for you. Having that constant reminder in front of me helps to keep the mileage up more. You can set it to display a lot of different things - the current outside temp, the approximate number of miles left to drive before you run out of gas (which is based entirely on the amount of gas in the tank and the average mpg's you are getting at the time), a speed alarm setting, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hah, okay.

If turbo needle goes into the red line, is that okay and I can drive like that?
Ive seen videos..like this one:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts