SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
I just bought a saab 9-5 2.0t 2005 mod to see if i can get it back on the road again. The car starts and runs fine, but when i go to accelerate is super slow. It feels like it has no power at all. It has no lamps in the dash and it has no problem getting up to 100 kph, but it takes forever getting ut in speed. If i floor it the rpms cant go passed 5k and if i come to a hill it struggles alot since it basically has no power. So if anyone of you guys have had the same issue or have any idea of what can cause this please leave a comment.
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yes. The rpm limit is the give-away. Several Youtube videos about resetting limp mode, but observe the correct sequence and maybe read the instructions in saabwisonline also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i take a cold start it only takes seconds before it comes alot of heat from the turbo/exhaust area. Can a clogged catalysator make the engine lose so much power?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
That was about to be my next suggestion but I'm not familiar with the 2.0 or how it is equipped with regards to exhaust and emissions where you are located.

A clogged catalytic convertor can definitely result in lack of power, you can disconnect the exhaust at the manifold and check for increased flow or get a scope camera to have a look inside to check for blockage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was about to be my next suggestion but I'm not familiar with the 2.0 or how it is equipped with regards to exhaust and emissions where you are located.

A clogged catalytic convertor can definitely result in lack of power, you can disconnect the exhaust at the manifold and check for increased flow or get a scope camera to have a look inside to check for blockage.
I have now tried to run the car with the exhaust disconnected and it felt like a whole different car. So now im going to take off the exhaust to try to clean it.
thanks for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts