SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have few problems with my Saab.

1. While having he steering wheel straight, I can't turn on the High beams.. i can only flash them. When I turn the steering wheel a little right, or left I can turn them. Is there any posibility to adjust this? Maybe a distance between the wheel and steering column?

2. I have a webasto, and the light of it always light. The Heating option on SID is turned off, but the light is still. Why?

3. Sometimes my central lock/alarm doesn't work from key-pilot. Sometimes I can close it from pilot, sometimes not, and some times I can open it from pilot and sometimes not. There is no information on SID about changing batteries.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is the car that in my opinion demonstrates why GM went bankrupt. I Sold my 2001 9-5 areo wagon because it had almost 300k km on it and replaced it with a 2006 9-5 wagon because I loved th 2001 so much and it was the biggest mistake I have ever made. At 80K km it is already rusting everywhere, the plastic on the inside is like a scratch and win lottery ticket, all you need to do is scratch any plastic surface in the interior with your finger nail and it scratches off! The flex pipe on the exhaust already rusted out and to top it off my check oil light just came on the other day despite have the proper oil level and the engine now ticks significantly, oh ya there is also some suspension problems that clunk when i go over bumps and I'm not even going to start wit he electrical problems, well maybe I will, headlight high beams not working, steering wheel controls not working properly, speakers not working and lets not forget the intermittent alternator noise in the speakers that do work

I want my 2001 BACK!!!

Sell it and move on to something better or get and older 9-5 if you love the model of this car, the 2006 is crap!

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Hi,
I have few problems with my Saab.

1. While having he steering wheel straight, I can't turn on the High beams.. i can only flash them. When I turn the steering wheel a little right, or left I can turn them. Is there any posibility to adjust this? Maybe a distance between the wheel and steering column?

2. I have a webasto, and the light of it always light. The Heating option on SID is turned off, but the light is still. Why?

3. Sometimes my central lock/alarm doesn't work from key-pilot. Sometimes I can close it from pilot, sometimes not, and some times I can open it from pilot and sometimes not. There is no information on SID about changing batteries.

1. Could be a faulty switch on the column stalk.

2. Lost in translation, i have no idea what you mean. :roll:

3. Try a new battery in the alarm fob, i found mine would only open from in front of the car when the battery was low.

·
Registered
200 Posts
1. Could be a faulty switch on the column stalk.

What is your light toggle switch turned to? If it is not turned on all the way then it will not let you turn on the high beams, you will only be able to flash them. Turn the light selector lever all the way to the right and then try turning your high beams on. Hope it is as simple as that. Threw me off at first when I was driving at night too.

As for 06. I love mine. Yes I have been battling rust issues (I used POR 15 on sub frame, along with undercoating on top of that), and the paint has flaked off my door pulls on the inside of my car. The car is 5 years old and I will spray the door pulls with black plasticoat when it gets a little warmer. Yes it is a GM, but all cars wear with time. choose your poison. As for my 06 I will be keeping it for years to come problems and all. Love the sportiness, gas mileage, functionality (can put bike racks on top or a cargo carrier), and comfort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts