SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the water guard plate (part #12765989) that my '05 Saab 9-3 was missing. But it didn't come with instuctions and I'm not sure how it should be installed. Does anyone know how to install it or if there are any instructions or installation tutorials online that I could check out? Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Try saabdocs.com. It has installation instructions for many, many SAAB parts. Just search on the part#.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try saabdocs.com. It has installation instructions for many, many SAAB parts. Just search on the part#.

Thanks for the suggestion. Checked that site, but unfortunately they don't have the water guard part number listed. The site looks incredibly useful though for other types of installations, I'm glad you mentioned it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.

@AVguy. Thank you very much for PDF files, those files help a lot.

But one thing that it still a mystery to me is the water guard has a embossed circle on the far right side and I can't tell if that circle is supposed to surround the passenger-side wiper shaft or not. Thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
980 Posts
On my car that end flap with the embossed circle is bent down at like a 45 degree angle and lies below the bracket for the wiper linkage. I can't be certain that's the way it came however, as I've probably opened up the cowl for cleaning close to a dozen times in the last 6 years. This makes the most sense for water drainage. As to the logic behind the embossed circle, it keeps the flap in this downward position as the wiper bracket acts as a stop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my car that end flap with the embossed circle is bent down at like a 45 degree angle and lies below the bracket for the wiper linkage. I can't be certain that's the way it came however, as I've probably opened up the cowl for cleaning close to a dozen times in the last 6 years. This makes the most sense for water drainage. As to the logic behind the embossed circle, it keeps the flap in this downward position as the wiper bracket acts as a stop.

I won't have figured that was the purpose of the embossed circle, but it definitely makes sense. Thank you very much for the information. On your water guard plate, is the left part also bent down like the right part or is it as straight as the middle section of the plate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you!

Yeah I believe the outboard end is also bent down along it's seam.
After your last post, I was able to get the water guard installed. After bending the end piece with the embossed circle, the entire guard slipped in very easily which was a bit embarrassing since I had a lot of trouble figuring it out at first.

I forgot to thank you for your help back in July. So, thank you, Cadcamjim and everyone else who replied for taking the time to reply to my post and allowing me to keep the passenger footwell of my Saab 9-3 water-free. ;ol;;ol;;ol;

·
Registered
638 Posts
Finally found this. I seem to have a massive amount of water in the passenger front foot well every few years I actually have a couple of threads about it. This is incredibly useful as well as the part number that was listed in another thread. Finally after over 10 years I'll be making sure that my car gets this and hopefully it will fix it for the long run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts