SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I have a 2007 9-3 v6 convertible ans basically my car is running with the engine management light on and in limited performance mode and with traction control failiure,

i have noticed that when i unplugged the maf sensor the car runs and idles fine but in limited performance mode and when plugged in runs bad and cuts out,

i have unscrewed the maf sensor and cleaned it but stll the same, it looks like it was changed or tampered with by the previous owner and im wondering if its even the correct maf, i cant find no info online regarding the actual maf insert just the complete unit with housing, mine has numbers F 00C 2G2 061

anyone know if its the correct part for this car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the reply

ive seen the diagram allready but im talking about the actual maf insert not the complete housing, as alot of people change the insert when it goes wrong =, it doesnt make sense to buy the whole unit!

Ive included a pic of mine with the serial number

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Good luck with the so called GENUINE ebay parts.
All u have to do is give ur local Bosch distributor a call and ask if Bosch makes it separate , and since they dont im sure, u will know what are my thoughts on Genuine ebay parts ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply

To be honest im not too bothered if its a genuine part or not, just trying to find out if the part i have installed on my car is the original or correct part for my car as it looks like its been changed and sometimes people dont know what they are doing so it could be the wrong maf sensor hence why my car is having these issues!

Also I was trying to confirm the correct part number so i can order the correct part, and I know that if you buy these with the actual housing which is just a plastic housing and actually does nothing apart from hold the maf sensor in place and its the same as the one thats on the car allready and basically the scam is that they charge you between £150 to £300 for this hence why they use the security type hex screws so you cant easily remove the actual maf sensor insert as they dont want you to do this!!

It doesnt make sense to buy the complete unit again with the housing so trying to find out the correct one but thanks for taking the time to reply!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts